Download.com Site Feedback forum

General discussion

Problem with Desktop iCalendar Lite 1.2.

by opd29 / September 16, 2008 1:36 PM PDT

I downloaded and uninstalled iCalendar Lite. The next time I turned on my computer I received approximately 30 error messages that there was a problem with iCalendar. I checked my start up file and I found that the calendar was in the start up file. How do I completely get rid of the program off my computer.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with Desktop iCalendar Lite 1.2.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with Desktop iCalendar Lite 1.2.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Uninstall it?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 16, 2008 9:35 PM PDT

What happened when you tried?

Mark

Collapse -
iCalendar Lite
by opd29 / September 17, 2008 9:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Uninstall it?

I ran the uninstall and I thought it was all off the computer. But now the file is on my Start up file. I unchecked it so it doesn't run when the computer is starting up, but I want to delete it off the computer entirely. I can't find an option to get it off.

Collapse -
That's bad coding.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 17, 2008 8:05 PM PDT
In reply to: iCalendar Lite

It never ceases to amaze me how software developers are so keen that we install and use their software exclusively, and spend tons of money getting it right, then they fail to provide us with a suitable uninstall procedure.

I don't think there is an easy way to remove this file. If you are talking about the startup file in MSCONFIG, then unchecking it is usually enough. You can also hunt down any remnants of the software and remove those folders and files.

To remove that entry from MSCONFIG may need delving into the registry, but that is something I wouldn't normally suggest. Such entries may appear in the Registry under the "Run" keys, as described here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314866, but if you intend to remove them manually I would suggest you find out more about the registry, how to back it up, and hw to restore it, if anything goes wrong.

That Microsoft article is based on Windows XP. I assume that is what you are using.

You could use a utility like CCleaner, from http://www.ccleaner.com, which has a "Check registry" option, and that will often be able to remove any orphan "Run" entries, and also offers a registry backup option.

I hope that helps.

Mark

Collapse -
Thanks
by opd29 / September 18, 2008 2:37 AM PDT
In reply to: That's bad coding.

Thanks for the info. I'm actually running Vista. I will try your suggestions. It is unchecked in MSCONFIG, but it bothers me that it is on the start up list. It's my fault downloading it so I will have to live with it.

Collapse -
Uninstall Desktop iCalendar Lite 1.2
by JK52B / September 28, 2008 5:25 AM PDT

I had the same problem. Have you tried Revo Uninstaller? CCleaner didn't help me.
First, I re-installed Desktop iCalendar in the original location. Then I ran the advance mode of Revo Uninstaller and allowed all the deletions. Following the instructions from Revo Uninstaller, I then restarted my computer. The Desktop iCalendar error messages and date in the notification area were gone.

Collapse -
desktop icalendar lite
by superboy2006 / October 19, 2008 2:33 AM PDT

i need help how to get out this error messages evertime my start window open.

Collapse -
I had the same problem
by capri03 / November 10, 2008 9:20 AM PST
In reply to: desktop icalendar lite

Hello, I just had that problem. I don't know how permanent this fix is but I haven't had any problems with it again as of right now. But I restored my computer to a prior point before I downloaded desktop icalendar lite and it disappeared. No more pop ups! But I did find it still in my start, I just deleted it and it was gone! I hope that helps.

Collapse -
delete the folder
by marksto / November 12, 2008 5:18 PM PST
In reply to: desktop icalendar lite

Sorry for the incovenience. I am the developer of Desktop iCalendar.

Please just delete the folder which path is c:\program files\desksware manually.

Collapse -
Desktop iCalendar Lite Problem
by glen4716 / December 1, 2008 4:29 AM PST
In reply to: delete the folder

We have Vista on a fairly new Toshiba laptop. My wife liked the icalendar until a few days ago when all of her information disappeared and the calendar just is not working. You cannot add info and when I uninstalled it, I kept getting error messages. I have done msconfig and stopped it from working. I also did a reinstall thinking it would stop the error messages. It did, but the reinstall did not work and now I have it on the computer twice.

Is there a way to get the calendar working again??? I'm aware of deleting C:\programfiles\desksware.

Collapse -
icalendar settings
by marjun005 / March 26, 2009 9:38 PM PDT

Hey! if you're the developer of this sotware, can u PLEASE help me out! its not very complicated. Err... how do i keep the icalendar in certain position in my desktop. So when i shutdown it keeps it that way. There's really no obvious options on the 'settings'. Anywayz Thanx heaps if u can help me out!!!

Collapse -
Problem with uninstall of ical lite
by RDouglasB / April 23, 2009 3:06 AM PDT

I have Windows Vista so the folder to delete is in the Program Files (86). Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Problem w/icalendar lite as well
by Dresdenlock / November 4, 2009 4:48 AM PST

I have been using icalendar lite for close to a year now and all of a sudden the calendar turns into plain white boxes..I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it...still the same problem....the only thing I have done recently is installed an new keyboard and mouse but that shouldnt have caused the problem...but maybe it is..who knows?...but I was wondering if there was something else wrong with the program..or something I can try.

I have a dell dimension 4000 wruninng win xp.

Collapse -
I fixed this problem only way i found to fix it
by Plowden2005 / October 31, 2010 2:41 AM PDT

Put your computer in safe mode, at startup hit F8 repeatedly you should get the option to run safemode. In Safe mode go to C: program files and find the file Deskware right click the file and delete then start up as normal this should fix it

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

GREAT SHOWS WITHOUT CABLE

Get live TV over the internet

Say goodbye to cable -- check out the top five live TV streaming services available now.