That's strange indeed.
Probably it won't help to get a solution, but some more info would be nice. Such as:
- What OS?
- What version of Excel are you running?
- What file extension (xlsx can't contain macro's, xls and xslm and xslb can)?
- Where is that Excel icon that has that exclamation mark? In Windows Explorer?
- What happens if you click that exclamation mark? Sometimes that gives an explanation.
- Where do you 'have' those files? Local hard disk, network share, Sharepoint, OneDrive, USB-stick?
- Does 'Save As' to new file of same filetype work?
- Does 'Save As' to new file of other filetype work?
- What is different between the computers where it works and the computers where it won't work?
It makes sense to answer questions like this before you call Microsoft support. And maybe it leads to a solution without even calling them.
I'm working as an IT Support in a company.
I've got some excel files which when I try to close them, they hang and whole the excel sheet page turns into black color and I've to close the program from task manager. This problem only happens in some of computers I've already tried with, not all!
Also there's an exclamation mark on each excel icon. Are these marks because of too many Macros on each file?
What can be the problem of closing?..
Any help would be appreciated.