HolidayBuyer's Guide

Peripherals forum

General discussion

Problem Streaking - LCD Monitor - Hyundai Image Quest L90D+

by jrstriker12 / October 10, 2005 12:29 AM PDT

I've had my Hyundai Image Quest L90D+ for about 4 months. Yesterday, I was using my computer and I noticed that I have two lines running from top to bottom. One is about an inch from the vertical edge of the monitor, the other is about two inches from the vertical edge of the monitor.

I disconnected my monitor and unplugged it. I let it sit overnight and reconnected it this morning. The lines are still there. The only difference is that Instead of one line being blue and the other line being red, one line is now green and the other line is blue with a hint of red around the edges.

How can I fix this problem?

Anyone else have this problem with the L90D?

Anyone else have this problem with the L90D?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem Streaking - LCD Monitor - Hyundai Image Quest L90D+
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem Streaking - LCD Monitor - Hyundai Image Quest L90D+
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Return Monitor
by jmv / October 20, 2005 3:13 AM PDT
Collapse -
Return Monitor
by jrstriker12 / October 27, 2005 1:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Return Monitor

Thanks for the advice. I'm working on sending the monitor back now. Just got my RMA number.

Collapse -
A test.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 27, 2005 1:59 AM PDT

Change the REFRESH RATE to another supported number and see if the item in question moves left/right or vanishes. If it changes then it's likely a cable or video card issue.

To nail this one, you need to test the display on another PC.

bob

Collapse -
hyundai monitor Streaking
by l12356 / November 23, 2005 11:25 AM PST

5 month old L90D+ has nasty line down right third of display. Sent Hyundai tech support request for help.
11/23/05

Collapse -
HYUNDAI L90D+ vertical lines
by amash / December 4, 2005 4:51 AM PST

We just purchased our Hyundai L90D+ monitor 2 weeks ago and Im getting vertical lines about 2 inches from the right side of the screen. Started with one line, then 2 and now this morning I see 4 lines! Green and red in colour.
Will return as soon as possible! Expected better from a Korean brand...

Collapse -
I sent my back to be replaced
by jrstriker12 / December 4, 2005 11:39 PM PST

I sent my montitor back to Hyndai to be replaced. They were fairly quick in replacing my monitor and they gave me no problems.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I have not had any problems with the replacement.

Maybe it's just superstition, but I noticed that the lines on my first monitor appeared near the on/off switch. I wonder if the pressure from pressing that button caused the lines, so now, I never used the on/off switch and just let the monitor power down when my computer turns off.

Collapse -
I sent my back to be replaced
by gkozowski / March 16, 2006 8:58 AM PST

I had 2 different pc's and monitors went bad on both. I don't use the on off switch at all and I have had 3 monitors go bad. All same problem.

Collapse -
i've had the exact same problem
by bonobo76 / December 11, 2005 8:30 AM PST

i bought mine through tigerdirect. in about 3 weeks, i had the same streaking occur on the right 1/5 of the monitor. i told tigerdirect about it and they replaced it free of charge. now i'm having the same problems with the replacement (same model). i tried returning it to tiger, but they only accept returns within 30 days, so i've contacted the manufacturer. unfortunately i haven't heard back from them yet, after emailing twice and calling once. so i've been stuck with this monitor for maybe 2 months. if you let it go on for a while, it gets really bad! now it almost looks posessed! the right 1/5 of the screen is totally covered in streaks. sometimes you can see through them and it looks like someone used the blur tool in photoshop! sometimes that side just goes white, and then the rest of the screen looks fine, but the worst is when the lines start flickering rapidly back and forth, causing the whole screen to freak out. not fun. i'm glad the warranty is for 3 years, hopefully, if these problems keep occuring, they'll just send me a better model later on. for now, i'm just waiting until business hours so i can call again.

but i'm glad to hear it's not just happening on my system - i was starting to wonder if i had some weird power issue or the graphics card was causing the problems.

Collapse -
E-Mail from Hyundai
by dkronic1 / December 28, 2005 11:43 AM PST

Hello Drew Kronick,

Thank you for your interesting of Hyundai products.
We had some failure of this symptom that had been informed to the factory for improvement couple of months ago. We have been told that this intermittent symptom has been corrected by factory.

Thomas Kim
Hyundai Monitor Service Division
777 Mark St.
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Phone 800-568-0060 or 630-595-0123
Fax 800-784-9422 or 630-595-2345

E-mail tomkim@hyundaimonitor.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Tom Kim/avc
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:35 PM
Subject: FW: L90D+ LCD Monitor

RMA Dept,.(warranty Service)
HYUNDAI IMAGEGQUEST AMERICA.
777 MARK ST.
WOOD DALE IL, 60191
(VOICE)800-568-0060 / 630-595-0123
(FAX) 800-784-9422 / 630-595-2345

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 8:45 PM
To: service@hyundaimonitor.com
Cc: dkronic1@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: L90D+ LCD Monitor

Hello, I have been looking for a new LCD monitor to replace my current CRT monitor, which I use for business applications and GAMES. After reading many reivews I decided on the L90D+, but I have one concern.

A larger portion of the recent reviews describe a problem with vertical lines appearing on the right sides of the screen within one to three months of use. I am wondering if this situation has been corrected in the latest production line?

Thanks,

Drew

Collapse -
E-mail from Hyundai
by gkozowski / March 22, 2006 11:03 AM PST
In reply to: E-Mail from Hyundai

I currently have 2 monitors I am sending back with the streaking symptom, that makes a total of 3 I have had to send back. I have to pay to ship these units back. I understand that once and a while something can go wrong with a unit but this problem is one Hyundai is aware of. I think it is very poor business practices for a company to require customers to pay shipping for a known factory defect.

Collapse -
i've had the exact same problem
by gkozowski / March 16, 2006 9:02 AM PST

I bought mine from Tigerdirect also. After 30 days they are no help at all. That was the last purchase I will make from Tigerdirect.

I ave not had any problem in contacting Hyundai or getting replacements. The number I called was 1-800-568-0060

Collapse -
Streaking L90D+
by gkozowski / March 15, 2006 4:53 AM PST

I bought 2 of these monitors in September 2005. One went bad within 30 days. Hyundai replaced it. In February the replacement and the other original monitor went bad. All three of the monitors have the same problem of vertical lines on the right hand side of the machine. I am still waiting to find out if they are going to charge me shipping for the replacements.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.