Samsung forum

General discussion

Problem playing video files from PC on TV (via DLNA)

by snagglypete / June 12, 2009 5:04 AM PDT

So, I have a LN46B650 TV and I am trying to use LinkStick and DLNA to share and play files that are on my PC. Audio and picture files seem to work fine, but I'm having problems with video files: the video will play normally for a few seconds, but then the image will just freeze up and the TV will be totally unresponsive for a minute or two. The TV will then shut down or revert back to a standard tv channel. Anyone know what's wrong? I'm wondering if maybe I don't have enough free space on my PC for video files to run properly or if I'm sharing too many files. Thoughts? Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem playing video files from PC on TV (via DLNA)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem playing video files from PC on TV (via DLNA)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Problem playing video files from PC on TV (via DLNA)
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 12, 2009 5:12 AM PDT

snagglypete,

Are the video codecs you're trying to play match up with the supported formats as listed in the manual? All three have to match - the codec, resolution and audio codec.

--HDTech

Collapse -
codec match...
by snagglypete / June 12, 2009 5:35 AM PDT

Thanks for the quick response. To answer your question, I don't know if all three codecs match or not...unfortunately, I'm at work now, far away from my TV--I'll check when I get home. In any case though, if all three didn't match would the video even run at all? Like I said before, my videos run for about 5 or 10 seconds before freezing up. I'm no expert, but I would think that if all three codecs are not matched up then the videos would not play correctly at all. Thoughts?

Collapse -
codec match...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 12, 2009 8:55 AM PDT
In reply to: codec match...

snagglypete,

The video might start and then stop, or run intermittently - it's hard to say what the result for containers, resolution or audio codec might produce as an error.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?