Samsung forum

General discussion

problem playing prince of persia bd

by captincntr / November 6, 2010 2:58 AM PDT

having problems with the Prince of Persia Blu Ray disc? I have a BDP-1600 with the latest firmware (v 2.12). When I play the disc, it works fine for five minutes or so and then the video freezes for a few seconds. Once it unfreezes the audio is out of sync. with the video. It's as if the audio keeps running (though I can't hear it) while the video is frozen. After 30 seconds or so, it resynchronizes and everything's fine until it happens again in another two to five minutes. While the audio is out of synch., the video jitters a little, too. As if it's catching up? Very strange. I've tried two discs from Netflix so it must be some kind of compatibility problem.
using bdp-2500 ,windows xp 2nd edit

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: problem playing prince of persia bd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: problem playing prince of persia bd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE
by TB020351 / November 9, 2010 5:37 AM PST

I have the same problem on the same machine. I also have the same problem while playing Sherlock Holmes and Clash of the Titans, although in this case, it isn't as drastic as with Prince of Persia Blu Ray.

Collapse -
Not necessarily an issue of the player.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 9, 2010 5:50 AM PST

How is it connected to the PC? What are the specs (CPU, RAM, videocard) of the PC?

Kees

Collapse -
problem playing prince of persia bd
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 10, 2010 2:06 AM PST

captincntr,

Which player? The BD-P1600 or the BD-P2500? I'm not sure I understand the question. It sounds like the description is for the BD-P1600 with the new firmware, and then at the end, it notes an older player from the prior year.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Re
by TB020351 / November 10, 2010 5:24 AM PST

In my case, it's Samsung BD-P2500 with the latest firmware from 6.2010 (i guess). And, as I mentioned before, I have exactly the same problem as the guy above. What's worse, the same problem happends while playing Iron Man 2 Blu Ray and Clash of the Titans (2010) Blu Ray. Both are PAL region, just like my BD-P2500.

Collapse -
TB020351
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 10, 2010 5:37 AM PST
In reply to: Re

Re,

The latest firmware in the U.S. should have addressed that issue. Unfortunately, I can't speak for other regions.

If this is happening in other regions, I can report it and send it up, but unfortunately, that's about all I can do.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Re
by TB020351 / November 10, 2010 7:10 AM PST
In reply to: TB020351

Hi,

I would be very thankful if you could do that. It might help solve the problem here, in EU because frankly, the BD player is still the same, just a different region.

Thanks ahead for yout effort.

Collapse -
Re
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 11, 2010 1:56 AM PST

TB020351,

Happy to do it. I would recommend calling the Samsung customer service center in your region and letting them know as well.

I only have a limited reach outside of the U.S., but consider it sent up. Happy

--HDTech

Collapse -
THIS IS A FIRMWARE PROBLEM.
by mcheer / November 15, 2010 1:38 PM PST

There are multiple threads on multiple forums that all refer to this EXACT problem. That is; the loss of audio, followed by a frozen picture, then continued playback with both audio and visual out-of-sync. It can be reproduced in exactly the same places starting with the close-up of Ben Kinsgley as he views the city (about 5 min in). This continues for as long as it takes the viewer to realise that the movie is unwatchable.

It IS NOT a problem with the disk. It IS NOT a broken device (although, technically, all impacted models could be classified as "broken"). It IS NOT a problem with connections. THIS IS A FIRMWARE PROBLEM. All evidence and multiple complaints support this conclusion. Just to reiterate:

THE FIRMWARE IS BROKEN!!!

Furthermore, this EXACT problem is encountered on a variety of models, probably of a similar era. In my case, an HT-BD1255W (NZ) with the latest 2.41 firmware, from 06, Sept, 2010. I'm still waiting patiently for an update... I assume one is coming... it would be nice if somebody let us know?

Thank you.

Collapse -
Try Bitstream(Re-code) or PCM
by s4298 / November 16, 2010 10:21 AM PST

I had the same problem with BD-P1600 with v2.12 firmware. I had the Audio Bitstream(Audiophile), so I tried the Bitstream(Re-code) and the problem went away. Another problem I'm experiencing is at the Chapter 3 when the third arrow almost hit Dastan's hand, the menu location popup window is shown. I don't have this problem with my Playstation3.

Collapse -
Re
by TB020351 / November 21, 2010 10:34 PM PST

Heh, but what is the point of Blu-Ray Player if not possible to correctly decode HD Audio stream? I went into Blu Ray because of the HD audio and now, I can not even play it correctly?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?