Mac Applications forum

Question

Problem in Converting Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 in Mac

I don't like the Serie Mail/iCal/Carnet d'adresses from Apple, that the reason I bought Outlook 2011 for Mac.
I succeed transferring all my contacts to Outlook.
And I try now to transfer all my emails with their categories to Outlook too but I don't succeed. Would someone have good news for me and find a way to transfer all the mails with their categories from Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 for Mac ?

It would be nice and to receive a positive answer.

Thank you for your help
Laila Jones

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem in Converting Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 in Mac
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem in Converting Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 in Mac
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Ouch.

In reply to: Problem in Converting Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 in Mac

I can't guess why you bought what may be a 6 year old app. I'm sure you had reasons but it may be tough to get this to work today as well, changes.

If I were to transfer emails and such I would instead see if Thunderbird has documented this. Once I have my information in Thunderbird I'd either keep using Thunderbird or EXPORT it in files that Outlook can use.

-> This is not an offer to duplicate the web or write another step by step. But I do see issues with choosing old versions like that. I wouldn't. My choice would be to get Thunderbird going instead. Thunderbird is now on Apple OS, Linux, Windows and more. It's just an email app but good stuff and widely documented and discussed (in Thunderbird forums.)

Collapse -
Answer
Convert MBOX file in PST format

Hi,
Apple Mail holds the data in MBOX format and Outlook 2011 in MAC provides the option to import data file in two file formats either PST or OLM.
So, I have a solution of converting Apple Mail MBOX to PST file format. Then, You can easily import resultant PST file in Outlook 2011 for MAC.
Thanks
Hope it helps.

Link removed by Mod

Post was last edited on October 25, 2017 4:43 AM PDT

Collapse -
Answer
Apple Mail to Outlook for Mac

Outlook supports PST file and hence you can easily import your MBOX file by converting that file to PST file format. This MBOX to PST Conversion operation requires the support of some application. There are many.

Name of specific application removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on November 1, 2017 5:58 AM PDT

Collapse -
Answer
About Apple Mail To Outlook

I agree with others who are have mentioned about the Apple Mail to Outlook Converter that can immediately convert MBOX to Outlook. There are various other Vendors who provide these type of tools like Stellar, SysTools, SysInfoTools, Aryson and etc.

Collapse -
Answer
I can't help... same boat

I've been desperately trying to connect my outlook from my website freesiteslike to my apple mail without success for the past 2 weeks. I'm going to follow this thread as I believe that we're in need of the same assistance!

Hopefully someone will come along with the apple mail hack that we need!

Note: Moderator removed unnecessary link. Please top post your new question since it's off topic here.

Post was last edited on January 6, 2018 10:13 PM PST

Collapse -
Answer
Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 in Mac

Hi, The article you point is exactly to do the contrary that I need. I want to EXPORT from Apple Mail TO Outlook and NOT import in Outlook. If you have any other information, would be great to share. I hope still a little bit to find a solution. Thank you for your comprehension and your help.

Link removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on February 21, 2018 1:18 PM PST

Collapse -
Import Vs Export

In reply to: Apple Mail to Outlook 2011 in Mac

Not to split hairs on this one but,
You EXPORT from an application (Apple Mail)
and
IMPORT into an application (Outlook 2011)

The trick is to export your mail from Apple Mail, into a file that is in a format that Outlook understands.
You then import that file into Outlook.

The easy way to do it was given in post #2 (OUCH)

P

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.