HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Pro-Family Group Prepared to Protest SPR on ABC

by MarkatNite / November 15, 2004 11:23 AM PST
http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/11/afa/112004a.asp

And if the network chooses not to be responsible about upholding broadcast indecency standards, Sharp says OMM/OMD will insist that the FCC hold them accountable as violators. He notes that thousands of OneMillionMoms.com and OneMillionDads.com members, over 90 percent of those polled, are ready and willing to file a formal FCC indecency complaint against their local ABC stations if they decide to broadcast the movie in the unedited form, with its dozens of "f" words and "s" uncut from the planned Thursday night airing of Ryan.

http://www.onemilliondads.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=177

File an indecency complaint against ABC for 'f' word and 's' word

I hate to say, "I told you so", but... - Mark
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pro-Family Group Prepared to Protest SPR on ABC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pro-Family Group Prepared to Protest SPR on ABC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If they had watched the movie
by Dan McC / November 15, 2004 10:41 PM PST

they might have gotten a better appreciation for the whole 'freedom' thing.

Maybe they can rent it sometime.

And they're objecting to **** and ****, not the huge amounts of gore, dismemberment, blood, and carnage.

*sigh*

Dan

Collapse -
The phrase ''missing the point'' comes to mind....
by Josh K / November 16, 2004 12:12 AM PST

....doesn't it.

Everybody knows that when a soldier is maimed by an exploding grenade, he just grabs the (bloodless) wound, shouts "Rats, I've been hit!" and always lives long enough to ask his buddy to please let his girl know he loves her.

That's how it was in those old war movies, and that's precisely what was wrong with most of them.

Collapse -
Re: Pro-Family Group Prepared to Protest SPR on ABC
by MKay / November 16, 2004 12:01 AM PST

I'm all for decency but I'm also for parents raising their own kids. Monitor your childrens viewing on TV and the net. And when someting offends me I shut it off. There is just too many people trying to take over my everyday actions and I don't like it. And if you watched it and were not expecting what you saw, you only have youself to blame. The network did warn you. (before & during the showing)

Collapse -
And deny Big Brother yet another intrusion into
by Dan McC / November 16, 2004 2:19 AM PST

our personal lives? How dare you suggest such a thing, MK?

Dan

Collapse -
Re: And deny Big Brother yet another intrusion into
by MKay / November 16, 2004 2:58 AM PST
Happy
Collapse -
Yup, the warning is key, IMO.
by MarkatNite / November 16, 2004 9:25 AM PST

And the inclusion of a warning makes this incident completely different from the Superbowl half-time show.

Not to mention the context - Mark

Collapse -
They asked for a waver, I understand
by Dragon / November 16, 2004 10:29 AM PST

But the FCC said they didnt give wavers, they just responded to complaints. Guess the squeeky wheels get the grease. Maybe the trick is for the rest of us to be squeakier.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.