Phones forum

General discussion

Prius with palm Treo bluetooth

by ashealey / May 3, 2006 2:28 PM PDT

I recently got a Treo 700w which has bluetooth, but I have not been able to connect it to my 2005 Prius. I had a motorola v710 that worked fine prior to receiving to the Treo. I have not been able to find anyone who has hooked up the Treo. Looking for help.

Cliff

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Prius with palm Treo bluetooth
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Prius with palm Treo bluetooth
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I've got the same situation with my Treo 700p
by maggieonvermont / July 29, 2006 12:48 AM PDT

I went to my Toyota dealer, and we paired the phone to the car. We tested the system, and were able to make 2 calls. After that, nothing. I deleted everything, shut down the car & the phone, and then tried again to add the Hands Free to the Treo phone. The Prius' system freezes on the screen that has the password. The Treo however does seem to recognize the device.

Collapse -
prius and treo 700p
by ark411 / August 7, 2006 9:32 AM PDT

I don't think that the two are currently compatible. I got a message back from verizon tech support who states that the 700W is prius compatible but the 700p is not yet...I'm still trying to figure out if this is accurate info.

Collapse -
prius and treo 700p
by ark411 / August 8, 2006 2:13 AM PDT
In reply to: prius and treo 700p

got mine working today... did the same thing as before but the only difference was that my phone was frozen earlier in the day so I had to do a soft reset. Maybe that's what did it. Previously my phone recognized the car but the car could not connect to the phone... good luck.

Collapse -
No joy today.
by k6yxh / September 21, 2006 7:54 AM PDT
In reply to: prius and treo 700p

Treo 700p and 2005 Prius that worked fine with the Treo 650:

I tried just about every combination of soft-reset, turning the car on and off, enabling and disabling Bluetooth on the 700p, and still get the Treo telling me everything worked and the Prius still waiting for the new device. ark411, after you got it working, did it keep working?

Collapse -
prius treo 700p
by ark411 / September 22, 2006 4:03 AM PDT
In reply to: No joy today.

It is still working. Sometimes the address book/contact list is quirky. also the caller id id's the last number called, not the current call. recently had an episode where I could dial the phone number from the prius but the speaker phone did not work. I reset the bluetooth on the car and the phone and it is working again. Try setting the prius bluetooth on autoconnect and see what happens...

Collapse -
Treo 700p and Prius
by picc47 / October 2, 2006 1:56 AM PDT
In reply to: prius treo 700p

I had the problem that sometimes no sound would come through the Prius speakers when linking with the Treo 700p. I discovered that if I turn on the Treo phone First, and THEN trun on BlueTooth, everything works fine. But if I turn on Bluetooth first, then no sound comes through the speakers, only on the phone. Makes a certain sense, since if BT is turned on first, the car links to the PDA but not the phone. If anyone tries this, I'll be curious to see if your experience matches mine.

Collapse -
If no sound thru Prius speakers, try this...
by picc47 / October 11, 2006 1:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Treo 700p and Prius

If the Prius and Treo 700p pair successfully, but when placing a call you get no sound through the Prius speakers...try calling your cell number from a land line while it is on and linked with the Prius. This fixed it for me every time. To avoid breaking this connection, don't dial from the Treo while it is paired with the Prius...at least with my setup, this stopped the sound coming from the Prius speakers every time.

Collapse -
Prius,trio 700P
by 07bmwgt / October 23, 2007 1:49 PM PDT

Make sure your auto connection is on

Collapse -
Connecting Palm Treo to Prius
by MomAmyMI / November 9, 2007 1:43 AM PST
In reply to: No joy today.

When you get to the screen on the Prius that says "Waiting for Connection" and you Palm has gone on to say you are connected, use the Palm to place an outgoing call (without touching the Prius screen). The Prius will go from the connecting screen to the talking screen and you are all set.

Collapse -
It worked! Prius 2010 and Treo 700p
by codercadet / January 1, 2011 8:20 AM PST

I know this thread is a few years old, but considering what I went through, it seems worth noting. I have a 2010 Prius III with nav system. I finally connected my Verizon Palm Treo 700p to it. The critical step may have been making the outgoing call on the Treo without touch the Prius screen. But because my carrier is Verizon, I also applied the "Radio Patch Update 1.11 Treo 700p for Verizon", available on the Palm website. (Warning: this completely resets your phone; you need to back up your data. And when you restore, you may need to try a couple of times.)

When I tried to do the Bluetooth hands-free setup on the Treo and put in the Prius passcode to team with it, the Treo would succeed and the Prius screen would show that it was still waiting for a connection. I would always assume it failed. So I was surprised to see the outgoing call on the Treo connect to the Prius. After that first call, I was able to use the Prius screen to make succeeding calls.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!