General discussion

Printing Problems associated with security software

I am running Windows Vista Basic and Internet Explorer 8. When attempting to print coupons, I frequently receive an error message that says that I do not have sufficient privleges to print. When I contacted the website, I received the following explanation:

What does it mean when I do not have sufficient privileges to print coupons?

Answer

Our coupon printer applet uses a verification process in order to ensure that there are no fraudulent prints in order to protect the manufacturers. Certain security software blocks our ability to verify that no fraudulent prints are occurring. Please contact the publisher of your security software for more information.

Is there any way to avoid this problem and be able to print the coupons?

Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Printing Problems associated with security software
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Printing Problems associated with security software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Printing Problems associated with security software

Hi,

could you please provide us with some website link, where is possible to induce this behaviour as we have no similar reports yet.

Please check the situation with temporarily disabled AVG components (one-by-one) to find possible culprit and relation with AVG - http://free.avg.com/cz-en/kb.num-2429#num-2429

Else what firewall are you using? And some other protection applications or browser add ons?

Thank you

- Collapse -
Printing Problems associated with security software
- Collapse -
About Spybot Search and Destroy.

The TeaTimer component of Spybot Search and Destroy has been known to conflict with other security software. There's a lesson here.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Printing Problems associated with security software

Hi jbruggem,

please be informed that mentioned website was tested with latest AVG9 Free and IE8, and no issues with printing at all.

I would like to ask you to check the situation with latest version of Java application - www.java.com/download

What is the situation, when AVG components are disabled temporarily?

Thank you

CNET Forums

Forum Info