Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Printing Pictures

by dkb / March 21, 2006 8:28 PM PST

I have WinXp.
I am more often required to print pictures. I would like to know the software (preferably freeware) that would print for me any size picture.

The available lay outs in Windows Picture and Fax viewer do not suite my requirements.

Wallet-Prints layout prints are bigger for me and Contact-Sheet prints are too small besides these indicates the name of the picture with it.
Like wise other software like Irfanview/FastStone do not have the advantage that "Windows Picture and Fax viewer " has namely selecting number of copies per line in a sheet.
Please recommand any other software that could do my job.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Printing Pictures
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Printing Pictures
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Did you look at IRFANVIEW?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2006 8:37 PM PST
In reply to: Printing Pictures
Collapse -
yes I did
by dkb / March 21, 2006 9:10 PM PST

I still do noy know how IrfanView is going to help me to accomplish the job. Please guide further.

Collapse -
Sorry, but it does print...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 22, 2006 6:46 AM PST
In reply to: yes I did

But I stop short of offering any step by step or tutorial. Here and how I've used it, it seems to meet what you asked for in your post.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) yes it does print ----THANKS
by dkb / March 26, 2006 10:54 PM PST
Collapse -
Try This Free Program
by colindarby / March 22, 2006 5:55 PM PST

Enter in Google Search

Easy JPEG Printer

You can with this program choose to print = 1 photo = 2 photos= 3 photos = 4 or photos = on size A4 paper sheet

All the best

Collapse -
Printing Pictures
by dkb / March 24, 2006 1:39 PM PST
In reply to: Try This Free Program

Thanks for your suggestion. This Easy JPG printer has a limitation of size. It prints only two sizes namely 3x5 and 4x6.
However I am still trying to find how it could be done by IrfanView as stated by Proffitt.

Collapse -
camera software?
by starrpoint / March 22, 2006 10:55 PM PST

where do you get these pictures you have to print? Are you taking them or getting them from others off their memory cards?

Many people assume that the software that comes with their cameras is useless.

very often the software will have some kind of album in it, and this will sometimes allow you to print various sizes and create albums to print thumbs or index sheets from.

Otherwise, you can try using some dbases that allow you to link with photo files, and print reports with the images sized as you want them.

What do you need the index sheets for, your reference or for product tracking?

Collapse -
Printing Pictures
by dkb / March 24, 2006 1:52 PM PST
In reply to: camera software?

I had to leave my place of birth and bundled whatever my ancestors had stored there with me. In the process of reconstruction of the records at the new place of my residence I found some rarer pictures in black and white of my ancestors from the belongings.

Now I want to make copies of the same for distribution amongst my relations scattered at many places in the world. The idea of printing different sizes and in rows (paper 8.5x11 in) came to me there only.

Collapse -
You usually get what you pay for. Free stuff does not
by Kiddpeat / March 25, 2006 1:48 AM PST

have tech support. If you want tech support, you will have to buy something. My suggestion is Photoshop Elements. For about $100, it will do whatever resizing you want, and you can even call Adobe if you can't figure out how to do it.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?