PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Printing on overhead projection film with an Epson sx405

by toolman59 / April 14, 2009 4:42 PM PDT

When trying to print on overhead projection film with an Epson SX405 all in one printer, the film is passed straight thro' the printer and ejected completely blank, this also produces an error message saying that the printer has a paper jam, which is not so. The same document can be printed correctly on paper. A much older Epson printer handles overhead projection film without any problem what so ever.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem on the SX405?

toolman59

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Printing on overhead projection film with an Epson sx405
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Printing on overhead projection film with an Epson sx405
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I do not own this model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 14, 2009 11:29 PM PDT
Collapse -
Epson sx405
by toolman59 / April 15, 2009 5:43 AM PDT

Bob

Thank you for your reply, this not my printer, but when visiting my friend yesterday, he showed me the problem. He was using A4 film with a white strip along one of the narrow edges. This was the film he used with his older Epson printer, he loaded the film white strip first, the older Epson ran off the required document, whilst the SX405 just spat out the unprinted film. We also tried loading the white strip at the opposite end with the same result.

Looking on the Windows XP printing dialog box there did not seem to be any settings for using film, nor were there any in the printer's own display menu.

I expect the solution to this problem is staring us in the face.

Thanks again

toolman59

Collapse -
Can you supply a link to this printer?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2009 6:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Epson sx405

The link I supplied was Epson.com and I put in SX405 and they said they couldn't find it.

Another overhead media type I used years ago had a full white paper backing sheet. Again this sort of stuff is best dealt with by talking to Epson. I can't even start because I can't find the SX405 at epson.com

Help others help you with the model number Epson calls it or a link.

bob

Collapse -
Epson SX405 link
by toolman59 / April 15, 2009 4:06 PM PDT
Collapse -
Ouch.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2009 9:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Epson SX405 link
http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/sx200tx200/html/paper_4.htm does not list any transparency paper.

I found no support for this media for this printer.

Your only hope is if you get lucky and find the old transparency stock with the full paper backing.

It's been a few years (1998?) since I used that and I don't see it around anymore.

You can approximate what that stuff was by taping the leading edge to another sheet of paper.
Bob
Collapse -
Epson SX405
by toolman59 / April 16, 2009 4:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Ouch.

Bob

Thank you for your efforts.

Toolman59

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.