General discussion

Printing colours correctly

Getting tied in knots trying to print photos. They never look like they do on my screen (NEC MultiSync P221W). I use Photoshop. I have adjusted the screen brightness, contrast etc and have calibrated the screen using the Datacolor Spyder3Pro. But I still get photos that are too dark and/or muddy, washed-out. colour. How do I get the sparkling colours I see on screen?
Using a Mac Mini, Snow Leopard.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Printing colours correctly
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Printing colours correctly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Google this.

Pantone Huey

I read your post and don't see any color control mentioned.
Bob

- Collapse -
printing colours correctly

After calibrating with Color Eyes, I go to Color Settings in Photoshop and I select the Color Eyes profile as the setting. When printing on the Mac, I use ColorSync and the same profile for the display. The printer I am using is an HP DeskJet 930C.

- Collapse -
control

Not sure what you mean by Color Control.
For Color Management, I click on ColorSync on the Mac. Is there something else I should be doing?

- Collapse -
I'd research the item I noted.

I see you mention coloreyes but it has failed you. Time for something else.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info