General discussion

Printers do not propogate to new user accounts

I have XP Media Center Edition.

From my main account (which has admin priviledges), I created a new, restricted, user account.

My printers did not propogate to the new account. I do not want to create them again under the new account, because I do not want one account to be able to lock out a printer from another account.

How do I get all the existing printers on the system to appear in the new account?

- David

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Printers do not propogate to new user accounts
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Printers do not propogate to new user accounts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Far from automatic.

This is not a feature of this OS. That is, there is no control to check a box and enable, disable such. I'm starting to see more folk look for features that this old OS never had. The thought among many is "they should have this by now." The truth is this OS is dated and has ideas about management with books and IT staff to make it do what it doesn't do as supplied.

In short, no.
Bob

- Collapse -
Duplicate printer definitions

Thanks, Bob.

I will try defining the printers under the new account also.

[XP, as you say, is a dated OS. A lot of people, though, are paying premium prices to buy new computers with an XP-Pro downgrade].

- Collapse -
You bet.

It's a fair market and having said goodbye to Windows 1, 2, 3, 95, 98, 2000 and now XP (shock?) I can only share that I am encountering those that get a new machine with XP and then begin to ask for features it never had.

I skipped Vista except that one machine we had to have for App testing and when 7 arrived we had done all the beta and more and when it came out we rolled over to that without much fuss. So little fuss that our office wondered what all the naysayers were moaning about.

There will be a big market for XP none the less and let's help those with it along as best we can.
Bob

- Collapse -
Great attitude!

Bob,

I love your positive attitude towards both OSs and towards the people who prefer one vs. the other. So many people are vehemently polarized.

- David

CNET Forums

Forum Info