General discussion

printer set up

I have a dell demension 3000 and I am trying to hook up a dell a920 printer to it and it will not work. I have a drivers disk and I tried the downloaded version but that did not work either. It installs the drivers but then a screen comes up with installin initial setup but then never finishes it.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: printer set up
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: printer set up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
not much to go on

You haven't given much information to go on, to try and assess your situation
" Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended. "

- Collapse -
other info

I have a windows XP with 150 GB of hard disk space and 1 GB of ram. The printer worked fine on a dell demension 2400 that was 6 yrs old. The demension 3000 is five years old. The message reads that it is setting up for intial settup but it never finishes the setup. Any other information needed to give advice?

- Collapse -
driver installation issues

Are you using the setup disc that came with the printer, or are you using updated drivers from the manufacturer?

- Collapse -
response

I have tried both neither work. The only one on the website did not list the Demension 3000 as a compatable machine when I clicked on the compatbility tab. How can that be if it is a dell product that is only one year apart in terms of how old it is.

- Collapse -
notice

The exact wording is: preparing dell all in one center for first use. searching for scanning applications. please wait.

I then wait and wait...and nothing happens. I have to then reboot to get rid of the notice.

- Collapse -
Dell printer setup

it might be worth your while to post in the Dell Forums (here or on the Dell support site); because to honest, I'm stumped.

Only other option might be to 'google' your printer model # for drivers, and see what comes up.

Sorry Sad

B.

- Collapse -
thanks

i tried going on the dell website and they were giving me trouble with the logon process. i just do not have any luck.

CNET Forums