Peripherals forum

General discussion

Printer Recommendations for doing some In-House Advertising

by bobthornley / April 13, 2006 7:11 AM PDT

We've recently started doing advertising for the services we offer in our company. We making the ads mostly in Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Publisher... there are text and images on the ads. The Photoshop ads we do are typically 600 DPI and look very good at that resolution, so I don't think we need anything that is printing substantially higher than that.

We will print mostly on 8.5"x11" sheets w/ 40 lbs stock paper but may also have the need to do smaller postcards.

We should not be doing more than 5,000 pages a month. We we do print, we will likely do 500 pages at a time and would like to do minimul babysitting (which is a problem now with our current printers, we are constantly monitoring for paper jams or having to feed in more paper).

In a nutshell, we need something with good print quality, moderate speed, and that doesn't require a lot of user intervention. It must also have a network interface, but I figure just about all of them do nowadays. We are limited to $7,000 to spend on printer and accessorries, but realistically I think we can do this for under $4,000 and still get something very good.

Some of the offerings from HP look good (such as the 4600 or 3800) but I have no idea how they compare qualitywise to offerings by other manufactuers.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Printer Recommendations for doing some In-House Advertising
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Printer Recommendations for doing some In-House Advertising
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Care, feeding of such a printer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 13, 2006 7:20 AM PDT
Collapse -
Check into...
by Willy / April 13, 2006 12:07 PM PDT

Visit any decent sized office outlet and compare there. Take even a test page or whatnot via a flash drive, memory card, or floppy, etc. and see what the results are. Depending on your area, business that cater to business may offer a demo or such and any service offering, etc. on the contract or plain sale. Further, I suggest you continue to look at HP, Canon and Minotla of thier laser models. Anything inkjet maybe just too costly when using the amounts you plan to do.

FYI - I've yet to see a decent printer sit idle when its resources become available so beware. It maybe doing more than your advertising tasks, unless you got a lock on it. Sad Anyways, be sure to check for any 500paper trays as an option and the basic tray usually is 250. Last, for heavy media stock, check for ease of movement, the less curves the better, thus a "straight-through" path is better. Instead of a printer doing all the work, a copier(color?) can be a time saver once the orginal is made, so keep that in mind if repeative outputs.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.