PC Hardware forum

General discussion

printer problem

by thelocust / November 15, 2003 1:40 PM PST

ok....i have a lexmark z65 printer. it says that it isnt connected to the computer and it is. the usb cable does'nt appear to be dammaged and priner keeps doing this weird thing over and over again. it wont turn off and all the buttons blink once and the page 1 and 2 buttons blink twice. i dont know what yo do. right now i feel like throwing the f*cker out the window. help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: printer problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: printer problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:printer problem
by Michael Geist / November 15, 2003 9:18 PM PST
In reply to: printer problem
Collapse -
by Willy / November 15, 2003 10:27 PM PST
In reply to: printer problem

Goto the LExmark support website for any details they could have.

I suggest de-install and remove all s/w, then remove device physically. Then reboot and allow to finish, shutdown once done. Now follow the install procedure as the manufacturer requires. Once done, do a "test page" if you can get that far, that will have all the files that were loaded. if the problem persists use that info to totally remove those files/pgms.. Check out: www.usbman.com for USB issues.

good luck -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
by alsea_rider / October 25, 2004 10:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Re:printer problem

I realize this is a year after the initial post, but that is about how long this printer lasts. My printer started not working too, so I unplugged everthing to make sure I had it plugged in right. The power supply had melted. It has been plugged into a really good surge protector that is still working fine, so that isn't what happened. I don't think I printed a full normal sized store packet of paper from it yet. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, this is all that turned up on a search. If you own this printer, regularly check the power supply. I have read where this happens a lot. Usually happens at about a year and a half or so.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.