Dell forum

Question

Printer

by jmurphy1947 / April 17, 2011 2:44 AM PDT

I have bought a dell 560 Inspiron and have a old Hp 1200 laser jet printer. I cannot figure out how to plug the printer in the back of the desktop since there is a connection. Is there an adapter that can be set up here to use this printer?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Printer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Printer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 18, 2011 5:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Printer

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Large Character Inkjet
by Jackwalsh_09 / May 4, 2011 4:57 AM PDT

just go to the printer setup and reset your setting.Just go through this steps below

Once you've set up your hardware (i.e. slotted in the network
card and connected all of the computers - actually you don't have to connect
to another computer at this stage, but you must have installed the network card)
boot up your computer (for instructions on installing your network card,
see the instructions that come with it).
Chances are the network card you have is PnP (Plug and Play) compatible. If
so Windows should detect the network card and (provided you follow the on screen
instructions correctly) complete the installation process (it probably gave
your network card the Realtek drivers). Your computer may rebooted automatically
to complete the installation process.
Upon loading Windows, you will be asked for your name and
password. Type in a name and press OK
(do not enter a password - you can do that later if you want).

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove promotional link on 05/09/2011 at 6:11 PM PT

Collapse -
Answer
How to plug the Printer
by callnow18448138225 / December 19, 2014 1:54 PM PST

I have also faced this issue & i also want the solution. If anyone know the solution please help me.

Collapse -
Try the above posts
by Willy / December 22, 2014 12:35 AM PST

The replies to this old question are well over 1yr. old. May i suggest you check your setup.

1) How do you want to connect?
a)ethernet - network
b) LPT (parallel)
c) USB adapter for LPT or serial cable

2) if wifi, does your PC have it and the HP 1200 so set up as well

Take one of the above suggestions and run with it. Remember, older printers tend to harder to make work. On top of all that the install s/w may NOT be supported by the newer OS, like Win7 or newer. Even, if you get it to work, all the bells and whistles may not be present other than basic printing ability.

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-laserjet-1200/specs/

Last, does you printer even do a basic "self-test"? This will verify its working and what the test printout will offer it current setup configuration. Visit the HP support website for details on how to do this.

*NOTE* next time post a new post with your query as this is an old post listing

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.