General discussion

printer

My printer will not completely print an entire document. It stops half way of first page BUT it will print the header and footer of the remaining page(s). It is a Lexmar X 4650 printer and I'm operating with Windows XP.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: printer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: printer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Printer issue

Are there any error messages? Does it say anything about spooling? Assuming that you have the proper software installed. Is this a new install or has it been normal in the past? At first blush it sounds as if it could be a spooling issue, look into Microsoft fixes for spooling errors, Lexmark printers.

- Collapse -
printer issue

There are no error msgs or anything re:spooling but I'll check into Microsoft fixes for spooling errors. It is not a new install and was printing fine before. Would using Firefox cause any such issues?

- Collapse -
Printer

That is a possibility, does it print normally from a doc file? An easy test would be to generate a document from Word or Wordpad, send to a doc file and print from there, basically this would tell you if it is a printer issue.

- Collapse -
printer won't print

went to bed last night all is well, Get up this morning and I got the same problem as you.The printer half prints and sometimes it don't print at all.Is it the printer or is it window 7

- Collapse -
Re: printer won't print

I'd start cleaning the print head and/or replacing the cartridge. It's very unlikely to be Windows 7.
How do the printers test pages look?

Kees

- Collapse -
lexmark help page

I went to the lexmar help page and they had me reline my printing page.Guess what?everything is a ok.

CNET Forums