General discussion

Print Order can not be changed

Photosmart 7960 on WindowsXP Pro SP2 machine with all updates. Somehow the default print order parameter (front to back) has locked on Back to Front and I have not been able to change it. It does not change when you change the default under printers and faxes on the control panel. You can change it on the print panel that comes up when you select print but some programs do not provide an easy way to set that parameter. It is also a printer serving a network and you need to know what the default is for sure when you are requesting a print from remote. I have uninstalled the driver and installed the latest from HP. Been on line with HP support and they said install latest driver which I had already done at least twice. I did it again with no help. I have looked for an ini file that held the parameter and in the registry but have not found where it is stored. I can't pinpoint when this started so I can't go to a restore point or know what I have installed. I have installed Adobe Reader 7.0 and other updates recently. I have been on line with HP support and they directed me to the latest driver (which I was already using) and said to install it. I did even though I had at least twice previously with no result.

Any and all help will be appreciated - I have spent way too much time trying to solve.

Bill

PS Revised and reposted with a new subject.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Print Order can not be changed
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Print Order can not be changed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not a polished product...
- Collapse -
Not using Word...

As I understand the article it is talking about a problem with Word. I do not use Word and this problem has manifested itself in all the programs I have tested so it is either a problem with the Printer Driver or XP. Since it has worked before using this driver I tend to suspect something has happened in the registry of XP. I can't find where print parameters are recorded in the registry. Printing to a Lexmark 125 gives the same error. I applied SP2 several weeks ago but don't recall having the same problem right after the installation.

Thanks for the reply... any other thoughts?

Bill Crawford

CNET Forums

Forum Info