HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Pricing from one one line retailer is very low....

by Rollbar / September 13, 2007 4:30 AM PDT

LCDPlasmsDeals pricing blows others out of the water....how?

Any experience with this seller?

They are advertising the just released Sony KDS-55A3000 for under $1700, (normally $2400). Hard to believe.

The best price I found is through B & H (who I have bought from and have some trust with), for $2099 that I thought was excellent.

Thoughts? Comments?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pricing from one one line retailer is very low....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pricing from one one line retailer is very low....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You could check with Sony
by Dan Filice / September 13, 2007 5:53 AM PDT

Call Sony directly and ask them if this dealer is an "authorized" Sony dealer. If not, then I'd question the price. Not that this internet site is shady, but there are many shady sites out there.

Collapse -
They won't be an authorized dealer at that price but..
by RustyDallas / September 13, 2007 7:33 AM PDT

that dosen't mean you won't get your TV. I bought my Sony 60" XBR-2 from a company called Bajangles who wasn't an authorized dealer and eventually got my TV. Sony will also honor their warranty even if you get the TV from a non-authorized dealer. The reason these guys get the sets is that authorized dealers move them out their back door to them for reasons I won't bore you with unless you want me too. The guy you mentioned's price is so cheap that you will probably either end up with a refurbished unit or because they sold you enough over priced add on's to make it profitable. (expedited freight, overcharging for the extended warranty, etc.) If it's new and you don't buy the add ons, I doubt you'll ever see the TV at that price. In my case, I told them I didn't want the expedited 2 week delivery for an extra 350+ and would wait the 6 weeks for their advertised prepaid freight price. I only bought the warranty after they dropped the price from the 699.00 they were asking to the 240.00 I could buy the same warranty for elsewhere. Because I knew the dealer cost of my TV and because I knew that they weren't charging enough to even cover the delivery charges, I never expected to get my TV. 6 weeks went by, I called, and got the standard excuses about freight damage and that they were heavily backordered. Jerry, the owner, encouraged me to cancel my order which I did. I then gave Bajangles a negative 1 star review on Nextag, and to my surprise, Jerry was concerned about his star rating. He called me up a day after it posted and said he found me a TV and would ship it to me if I went back and rerated him to 5 starts on Nextag. I agreed and had my TV a week later. He didn't even charge my credit card until after I had signed off with the delivery driver, which I still find hard to believe. So, after 2 months of waiting and a lot of hassle, I saved somewhere between 800 and 900.00 from the best price I could get in Dallas.

So I guess you have to ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky"?

Rusty

Collapse -
THERE IS A DIVISION OF "OFFICE DEPOT" CALLED "TECH DEPOT"..
by Riverledge / September 13, 2007 10:12 AM PDT

THEY ARE OFFERING THE NEW SONYs AT A pre-order(read: inventory) prices of:

SONY KDS-50A3000 @ $1,829.95
SONY KDS-55A3000 @ $1,965.95
SONY KDS-60A3000 @ $2,113.95

TWTR, BBY and CC will ususally honor these price matches because, more often or than not, there is a OFFICE/TECH DEPOT within the 15-25 mile radius that these stores honor.

HOPEFULLY, you don't live in BARROWS,AK.

Collapse -
BY THE WAY, LCDPLASMA DEALS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED..........
by Riverledge / September 13, 2007 10:25 AM PDT

TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS. PICK A CUSTOMER COMPLAINT of your choice and they've failed to correct it,

LCDPLASMA DEALS, is better the "road not taken." (thanks R. FROST.)

Good shopping,
River.

Collapse -
Check it out first
by dukelover79 / September 14, 2007 5:12 AM PDT

I usually check all online stores at resellerratings.com

I've made last minute changes based on reviews of online stores by other people. Plus you can search for a specific item you're looking for and find a bunch of stores that are selling it - plus the ratings for those stores.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.