TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Price Alert! HD-DVD $12 each

by jostenmeat / February 14, 2008 7:52 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Price Alert! HD-DVD $12 each
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Price Alert! HD-DVD $12 each
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SUCH A DEAL!!! $12.00 COASTERS.
by Riverledge / February 15, 2008 7:01 AM PST

LOL, River.

Collapse -
Old Man River
by jostenmeat / February 16, 2008 3:34 AM PST

if that is a coaster, then what is a DVD? lol. 12 bux is a steal btw, and so far the transfers look better than my BDs. (Small sample size though).

Any-hoo, me and my Lakers will meet you and your Celtics in the Finals in a few months. Just like the good ol' days. Love and...

you're going down my friend!!!!

Collapse -
CELTICS AND THE LAKERS, WOW..........MEMORIES...........
by Riverledge / February 16, 2008 7:59 AM PST
In reply to: Old Man River

JUST SO............ANALOG!!!

WELL JOSTEN, WE'LL SEE IN JUNE. HOPEFULLY IN HDTV!!!

My best,

River.

Collapse -
Just too bad the Mavs are gonna...
by RustyDallas / February 22, 2008 11:16 PM PST

have to get in the way of all that tradition. Hope your Celtics are ready Riv...we'll see you soon. The Lakers are a cute little team though, Josten.

Rusty

Collapse -
grr
by jostenmeat / February 23, 2008 3:44 AM PST

Well, the best thing that ever happened to the Mark Cubanites was the Little General. Donnie-ball will never take down the championship without being able to make a stop. Serious athletic team, just 1.5 games behind dem Lakes I believe. The Western Conference is nearly like a baseball wildcard race, except this one is conference-wide!

Well, River, before we see you on the parquet, it looks like the men in purple and gold have some smaller fish to fry ...

Back to Mark Cuban... how do you mount a +100" Pana plasma to the wall, without the wall itself breaking down? I wonder if he hooked up Bose to it.

Collapse -
Hmmm, didn't hear you the first time but see it now... :-)
by Rollbar / February 20, 2008 5:04 AM PST

Thanks,

Gary

Collapse -
Would be a good deal,but!!!!
by jcrobso / February 20, 2008 6:49 AM PST
Collapse -
FACE IT; ONCE AND FOR ALL.............
by Riverledge / February 20, 2008 7:51 AM PST

ONE FORMAT:

BLU-RAY DVD.

NO SENSE TO DEBATE THE ISSUE ANYMORE!!!

SONY WINS, DESPITE ITSELF........

River.

Collapse -
Well........
by Rollbar / February 20, 2008 9:40 PM PST

For those of us with HD players there are still sales of the existing stock of HD-DVDs. Starting to see prices drops already which is what Josten is saying.

The HD movies look just as good as BD and HD has titles not yet available in BD, (and may not be for a while as the studios that were doing HD go through the process of changing horses).

So I wouldn't say it's over, scavengers like Josten and I still have bargains to hunt. Wink

Gary

Collapse -
YES, YOU DO HAVE A VALID POINT......... BUT................
by Riverledge / February 22, 2008 2:53 PM PST
In reply to: Well........

YES, ONLY IF YOU ALREADY OWN AN HD-DVD PLAYER; THEN THESE ARE A BEST BUY.

HOWEVER, NOT A NECESSITY. EVERY MOVIE/TV SHOW RELEASED ON HD-DVD WILL

EVENTUALLY BE RELEASED ON BLU-RAY.

WHEN IS A BARGAIN NOT A BARGAIN???...........

THINK ABOUT IT.

River.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?