Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Prevx Uninstall Problem Desperately Need Help

by DUKESofHAZZARD / March 3, 2006 10:50 AM PST

I downloaded Prevx Home 2.1 from download.com but now I want to uninstall it because it conflicts with Firefox and Spyware Doctor. But when I try to uninstall it, it doesn't and will not uninstall and it freezes up the Add or Remove Programs File so I cannot close it when this happens. I read the Average User Ratings about it download.com at this link and most of the negative reviews also mention the problem with uninstalling Prevx Home 2.1

Has anyone shared this experience and can anyone please help me remove this prgram from my pc?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Prevx Uninstall Problem Desperately Need Help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Prevx Uninstall Problem Desperately Need Help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Prevx
by tomron / March 3, 2006 11:34 AM PST

I've Prevx for a while now with no issues,in fact i just recommened it in the virus forum.

I also have Firefox with no conflicts

I do not have spyware doctor (maybe there's the conflict)

You might be better off downloading it from here,cause recently i had a problem downloading from download.com

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Prevx-Home-Download-16573.html

Tom

Collapse -
Heres a long shot...
by tomron / March 3, 2006 11:47 AM PST
In reply to: Prevx

did you try,click on start>programs>prevx>uninstall

My OS is 2K pro and this is how it works in mine,don't know what your OS is

Tom

Collapse -
Prevx Home
by swathingscientist / March 4, 2006 12:25 AM PST
In reply to: Prevx

Have to agree with tomron on this one.When Prevx was brand new and still in Beta,I was a tester and have had it on my computer since the start.Wouldn't be without it.Anyone who has it presently,I'd recommend keeping it.It is no longer a freeware.Got an email from them saying they'd give me the new program for 1 year free of charge but assured me that the one I have will still work as always,just no more updates to it.
I use:CCleaner/iSysCleaner/Disc Cleaner/SpyBot/AdAware SE personal/CWShredder/Windows Defender/Drive Cleaner/Advanced WindowsCare/MOC/ to name just a few and to date there has never been any sort of conflict.These along with ZoneAlarm and Teatime keeps things pretty clean.NOTE: the Disc Cleaner mentioned above is NOT the Windows DiskCleaner found in System Tools in XP,differnt creator altogether.
If you or anyone reading post still has Prevx,do please keep it.If you still have the original download stored in you Docs Folder,re-download it,it's a blessing.My thx.SS

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?