Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Prevent stress and fatigue due to work pressure

by michaljones / March 2, 2009 4:21 PM PST

Due to the extreme work pressure and hectic working schedules the employees of my company frequently suffer from stress and fatigue and because of which the output of my company gets trembled. I want to exterminate the stress concerning problems in my organization. Any help that you can give me with respect to stress management for my employees would be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Prevent stress and fatigue due to work pressure
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Prevent stress and fatigue due to work pressure
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mayb hire more people ...
by Kees Bakker / March 2, 2009 5:05 PM PST

to spread the workload? Or organize the work better, with or without a better information system (that heavily depends on the kind of work being done in your company).

I'm afraid a course in yoga and meditation (paid by you and during work hours, of course) isn't the speedy solution you want either.

Kees

Collapse -
Keep a liscensed massage therapist on staff.
by Dan McC / March 2, 2009 8:47 PM PST

That will lower stress levels and increase morale almost immediately.

Dan

Collapse -
Oftentimes the work atmosphere
by Angeline Booher / March 3, 2009 12:35 AM PST

...... begins at the top. "The Boss" who exudes confidence in his product AND in those who work under him/her finds that attitude flows through the organization.

If the stress is fairly new, and not related to fear of the impact of this economy on them, it is possible there is one person down the chain of command who is not a good people person, and has caused disruption in those around him/her. That can throw a cog in the entire organization.

I know of a company with about 3,000 employees where the morale was low, thus the productivity was the same. The new co,[any president spent time in the halls and outside offices stopping employees and asking them about the department, what the mission was, how they thought it was being achieved, etc. Some department heads were not able to give knowledgeable answers. fter several months he separated the wheat from the chaff, and the morale and productivity rate rose dramatically.

I've read abut some workplaces benefitting from shared jobs/positions which work very well with working mothers. Some went to longer work days/shorter work weeks. Creative scheduling.

There have been some great suggestions made in the responses that do involve spending some money on your part. Day Cares on company property do well.

Perhaps your own employees are a good source for answers.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Exercise programs are popular and help with stress
by Ziks511 / March 3, 2009 6:45 AM PST

lots of people do it on their lunch break, or before or after work.

Communications Seminars for Managers and regular employees also help, but the best thing is to try to set a cheerful, encouraging and helpful tone from the top down.

That's what the video In Search of Excellence was all about, and it still makes sense to me.

Rob

Collapse -
Post deleted and discussion locked.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 4, 2009 4:01 AM PST

The deleted post was one that replied specifically to then OP's post, with a link to a specific web site relating to this subject.

Both the OP and the poster of the reply joined within a day of each other, so I suspect this was collusion.

I'm locking this, to avoid any further posts of the same nature.

For those who posted with the deleted post as the parent, sorry but those posts were deleted as well, but thanks for raising this.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.