Computer Help forum

General discussion

pressing more than two keys at a time

by egorselden / April 2, 2005 1:23 AM PST

when i play racing simulations or emulators with more than one controller on a single keyboard, the keys will lock up when i press multiple keys at once. for example, when playing super mario, you press a direction to run plus the button that makes you run fast, then if i try jumping, it wont work because im already using two keys. i am using winxp pro sp2 on an emachines laptop. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pressing more than two keys at a time
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pressing more than two keys at a time
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe the wrong place to ask.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2005 1:27 AM PST

"this type of activity includes, but is not limited to, advocating or asking for information regarding software piracy or unauthorized emulators of software or hardware,"
- Forum Policy

Since it's an emulator issue, your question is DOA and explains why no answer was given the last time you asked.

My answer is to ask the author of your emulator.

Bob

Collapse -
dude
by egorselden / April 2, 2005 2:41 PM PST

that was just an example of how only two keys will work at a time. my problem is not limited to an emulator, it applies globally to all of my programs and games, even legal ones.

Collapse -
Ahoy matey.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2005 11:38 PM PST
In reply to: dude

Legal and such games already support such so there is no need to fix that. And you can call the maker if it's a bug.

In your first post painted yourself as a pirate so you get to live with the support that comes with such. If you find an emulator limitation, the forum rules forbid you getting help here.

In spite of that, I supplied where to seek help.

Bob

Collapse -
check, mate
by egorselden / April 3, 2005 6:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Ahoy matey.

just because you are a moderator does not mean you are obligated to be close-minded. if you read my previous posts you would notice that my problem is operating system or keyboard oriented and nothing to do with the programs i run because this problem applies to everything i do. break the power hungry moderator stereotype and try to help me with my problem please. thanks

Collapse -
It's a non-issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2005 6:27 AM PDT
In reply to: check, mate

Games are not written to do this. However one could run into this in those emulators which you will not find support for here.

You can twist this anyway you want, but your issue is simple and so is the answer.

-> Want help? Supply me a game that supports this feature? I've seen Doom 1, 2 in some split screen and multikey presses worked fine there. Again, emulators will have a problem, but you will NEVER get an answer here. If you want to know why, read the forum policy.

Your issue is not with me to that regard, but higher powers.

Bob

Bob

Collapse -
Why pirates are not happy here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2005 6:33 AM PDT

Frankly, these forums are not for pirates. You tripped up by writing "when i play racing simulations or emulators with ".

The Forum Policy is quite clear about this. It reads "advocating or asking for information regarding software piracy or unauthorized emulators..." Please read the policy.

How I feel about this does not matter. However I find this policy to be a good thing otherwise it would attract people that tend to burst into flames. If you want a good example, just post your inquiry on your average USENET group.

If you feel slighted by me, then you've taken this all wrong. You ran afoul of the policy and need to rethink your position.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.