Contact your local business-starter-office. It's called differently in each country, but I'm sure there's something like it in India also. In the US, for example, see
and for the UK
Here in Holland we call it "Kamer van Koophandel", but that's hardly interesting for you.
For all financial matters, he should contact the business adviser of his bank. For all IT matters, the ISP should be contacted.
Internet in itself doesn't pose any restrictions. Your government, however, might have laws regarding business in general and e-business in particular.
Hope this helps.
A friend of mine wants to start online business-He wants to sell some products through a website(plans to get domain name registered and buying space are in the pipeline)-But want to know the prerequiste for starting the online business in India.Here are his questions
1.I want customers from all over the world to be able to buy my product. The products are limited. Product will be sold in dollars. but when i receive the payment i want them in rupees.
2. What will be the process to become a merchant.
I mean should i get my name registered-if yes-where?
3. What prerequisites should i have to start the online business?
1. Having a bank account. if so which type of account(current or savings)
2. having a credit card
3. having a pan card
4. having IT returns
4. i cant decide how big my business is. this is my first business. so i cant say the number of average purchases for a day.
Do they put any limit of the number of transactions per month to certain level?.
5. Which is the best to accept net payment for my requirement?
CCAVENUE or PAYPAL- which is the best option?
WHAT PAYPAL AND CCAVENUE account PREREQUISITES?
Thanks in advance