Phones forum

General discussion

PREloadED Word To Go, NONpremium Edition on my Curve 8900 (T

by sweepsnregs / May 14, 2010 6:25 AM PDT

PREloadED Word To Go, NONpremium Edition on my Curve 8900 (T-Mobile)

a few parters questions...so start using said app recently:

((1)) So i sent a .doc files (off my PC) to myself through my Yahoo email. I THEN open said email account through my Curve 8900. When I clickED on THE Attachment, menu POPped UP offering:

1) OPEN attachment

2) DOWNLOAD attachment

3) FULL menu

4a) COPY 4b) FILE 4c) DELETE...

...obvious questionS: what are these DIF-FER-ENT choices (which command pertains to the attachment and/or said particular email itself, knowatimean?) BUT MOST IMPORTANT, ESPECIALLY what's the different between 1) AND 2) ??? WHICH ONE should I CHOOSE? Whether I decide to perform 1) OR 2) (basing on you guys' answer(s) ), IS THEN SAID .doc file storeD anywhere on my Curve 8900? WHERE? HOW do I GET to it (for examples: so I can transfer to a 2nd or 3rd or 4th PC, PRINT it out, etc, what else can I do to it? On transferring AND printing said file, what protocol/mechanism of said phone can I use?) ??? Bottom line, HOW do I GET to said file? (I have a microSD card installED if that mattered.)

((2)) Since NON-prenium Word To Go, I can't edit said Word file...BUT <b>my ULTIMATE agenda IS to be able to E-D-I-T said IMported .doc file--withOUT paying ($zero!!) for said EDIT-ING ability (I'm trying to maximize my ability to work on whatever school's paper that I need to type up...whereEVER part of town I'm in--that's all...=MY AGENDA!!)</b>...so I tried docs.google.com ONline (I've got a DATA plan), but UNfortunately, I don't think Google Docs let me edit either, on my Curve 8900 (or am I wrong here/I didn't see/missing something?).......So I need some FREEbies ALTERNATIVEs that suit my AGENDA meaning edit-ABLE AND works on my Curve 8900, whether maybe some (1) FREE app(S) I can get/install at BlackBerry App World, or (2) FREE ONline services ???

Sorry for the somewhat long-winded nature of my dilemma but I thought I made my case in a clear enough manner/presentation/nature.......AND THANKS FORWARD to any help that help me achieve my ULTIMATE goal...SO CHEERS!!!

REGARDS,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PREloadED Word To Go, NONpremium Edition on my Curve 8900 (T
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PREloadED Word To Go, NONpremium Edition on my Curve 8900 (T
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If I understand correctly,post means Word To Go should EDIT?

In trying to answer/help myself, I did some Googling and per/@ http://bbgeeks.com/blackberry-applications/the-best-in-free-blackberry-applications-take-2-88381/ , do 2 Ctrl+F's:
(1) Are there any free apps or cheap apps that will let me open and edit word and excel files? I don?t need the power point function. I am self employed so this would be extremely helpful but its hard to justify me spending $50
(2) @oldglory Documents to go is your only option here. If you upgrade your OS to a minimum of 4.5 you will have access to the standard package of Documents To Go

...so (2) is saying Word To Go will let me edit--IF I have BB OS 4.5 or newer??? Is that right? If so, how do I find what OS version is on my Curve 8900?

Collapse -
word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-g

SUBJECT=

word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-grid, productive use of time on the bus/subway

anyone in similar scenarios/to my so-called MY AGENDA, if you have better solutions in how YOU went about handling YOUR scenarios which obviously YOU thought THE BEST solution FOR YOU, PLEASE DO SHARE!!!

editABLE word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-grid (with some requisite file transferring), productive use of time on the bus/subway, you get the ideas!!!

Collapse -
EDIT/CLARIFICATION

EDIT/CLARIFICATION:

(with some requisite file transferring...among the different deviceS)

Collapse -
word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-g
by sweepsnregs / May 21, 2010 4:05 AM PDT
In reply to: EDIT/CLARIFICATION

word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-grid, productive use of time on the bus/subway

C'mon people, you guys gonna let words off a webpage intimidate you? We're only talking about M$ Word/Word To Go here alright, so don't let anything intimidate y'all, you hear ?! ?! WORDs!

so what I'm saying bros and sis's, give moi some love, you hear ?! WORDs!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?