Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0

by rositam / February 24, 2004 3:18 PM PST

I have a Prassi abCD Rewriter Disk and Nero V.5.0 Burning Rom. It worked just fine on My Windows ME. I upgraded to Windows XP and it tells me that I can't install my Prassi abCD because it does not install with WIndows NT and 2000. Now I can't write CD's - also my Nero 5.0 will only come up with an image file. Where to from here? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2004 9:59 PM PST
In reply to: Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0

NEW CDRW drives and software are found every week from 10 to 20 dollars. Sell your older drive and cut your loss.

TRY updating NERO from their web site and see if that fixes it.

TRY disabling the XP IMAPI as noted at

The image recorder issue is simply NERO didn't find a suitable CDRW or that IMAPI is interferring.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0
by rositam / February 25, 2004 5:50 AM PST

Thanks - I had previously tried to upgrade to Nero 5.5 and saved the file. But when I tried to set up from the file, it wouldn't work. So I presumed I ws on the wrong track - however, went back and downloaded direct. It works great. So what is the Prassi abCD - is it a packet writing program for formatting the CD's only. I gather it's not necessary for my burning!! One other small problem when I go to help on my Nero Program, it tells me I am missing a file - is that fixable?

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / February 25, 2004 6:36 AM PST

Nero's "InCD" is based on Prassi abCD packet writing software.

Some older OEM burner packages shipped with Nero and Prassi abCD.

Read the information from this link:
Bundled software you need to get maximum performance from your CD-RW drive is provided with the MP7200A.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Re: Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0
by mikemw / September 9, 2004 6:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Prassi abCD/Nero V.5.0

I have a similar problem & now that I have upgraded to 2000, I have a lot of data I need to convert. I have partitioned my hard drive & have installed 98 on one part, but have lost my CD with abCD on it. Do you know where I can get a copy of it?

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?