General discussion

PPS file Extentions

Have Dell 2350 rebuilt XP OE6 IE7 120G HD 1024RAM new CDRW/DVD 7.75G Used
Used to be able to open these files. Now since rebuilt ---can't open them. What do I have to do to open PPS file folders in OE 6 E-mail.
Thanks
nmrabbit

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: PPS file Extentions
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PPS file Extentions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Looks like you've lost a viewer

Unless you have and use an MS Office suite, you can download the free Powerpoint viewer from Microsoft. Just type what I've underlined into google to get the link.

- Collapse -
PPS-2

S. I downloaded the viewer from uber. I still cannot open the e-mail pps pictures. The folder options =file type, show PPS in M. PP V. in Advance-- it shows Print- Save As- SHOW- with Print as the default.
Now what?
nmrabbit

- Collapse -
Error Message?

Are you trying to open PPS files directly from Outlook Express 6? If so, are you getting an error message? Are you able to open any PPS files?

Cheers,
Cassandra

- Collapse -
Helpful resource...
- Collapse -
PPS 3

Thanks C, I get a message that there is no file. I tried to install the info from Winsxp.mvps-- in file types- advance etc. would not accept it. Still can't open pps e-mail. Years ago when this computer was new DEll support walked me through this same procedure. It worked then. But when I rebuilt this computer with a new XP 120G HD 1G Ram new CDRW and DVD ----I can't open pps file extentions in OE 6.
Also A lot of times I can't open a thread from a site. Sometimes the thread will open immediately, other times it takes a minute or 2 and sometimes it takes a half an hour. I just reinstalled MPPV2007 Compatability---IE 7 and removed WordPerfect 2002 because it was way to slow. I installed OpenOffice.Org and it works fast. Back to OE 6 pps e-mail; What now? nmrabbit

- Collapse -
Re: PPS 3

nmrabbit, Download the PPSFix utility at the link below and follow the instructions to use it. Also make sure that Outlook Express is set as your default e-mail program.

Using the PPSFix utility
Download PPSFix.zip (~12 KB). Unzip the file and run the utility. Select the file types that you want to fix, and then click Fix. Note that you need to login as administrator in order to use this utility

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm

Tufenuf

- Collapse -
PPS FILES 4

Thank you Thank you, Tufenuf. Works like a charm. nmrabbit

- Collapse -
(NT) Glad to see it worked & Thanks for posting back.
- Collapse -
Glad you got it figured out.

Happy to hear Tufenuf was able to help! Thanks for following up. It is always nice to hear what solution did the trick Happy

Cheers,
Cassandra

CNET Forums

Forum Info