General discussion

PPC G5 Recovered files folder in trash containing fonts

After every reboot or restart, I just started seeing a new file named "Recovered files" in the trash containing fonts. All fonts in there are system fonts. I remember this happening in OS9 but I never had this in OSX before. I close all apps before shutting down.

OSX 10.5.8 Dual 2.3 GHz PPC G5 5 GB DDR2 SDRAM NVIVIA GeForce 6600 256 VRAM

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: PPC G5 Recovered files folder in trash containing fonts
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PPC G5 Recovered files folder in trash containing fonts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I have the same on PPC running 10.5.8

Could never get any coherent reply. Just let it be. I have a couple of fonts showing in the Trash that vary between Arial.ttf and TimesNewRoman.ttf. I think, these are Microsoft fonts. Any manipulations with FontBook or permissions have no effect on this behavior. But the fonts in questions are still on the hard drive and this does not visibly change anything.

- Collapse -
The recovered files are the result of a crash

or abrupt shutdown and are used by the system to recover.

Once recovered, the files are deleted

P

CNET Forums

Forum Info