General discussion

powerpoint to DVD?

Is there a way to convert a powerpoint slideshow with music to DVD for television viewing? I believe I can do it so it is viewable on PC but not TV. I used powerpoint 98 but have since upgraded to 2007 on windows xp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: powerpoint to DVD?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: powerpoint to DVD?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Absolutely.

There are too many ways to do this but beware those that spam the forums with their payware.

Simplest method? Use a screen recorder, play that powerpoint then edit the capture then make your DVD. You didn't tell what DVD software you had so I'll note DVD FLICK.
Bob

- Collapse -
powerpoint to dvd

Thanks for the post. I downloaded dvd flick but I cannot get it to work. Do I have to save my powerpoint in a certain format first? I also downloaded Cam Video which works with dvd flick? but that wont work either. DVD programs I have include... dvd shrink; click to dvd; nero 8; adobe cs3 master collection with premiere pro; windows movie maker and roxio 10. I do not believe any of these work either for converting form powerpoint to dvd. I see there are many on cnet for downloading but so far I have had no luck. Any further suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

- Collapse -
Think about "screen recording."

CAMTASIA for instance. Now record your video, and create the DVD with what you want.

- Collapse -
camtasia

I had tried Camtasia once and found it to be quite glitchy on my computer. It would freeze part way through the slideshow. Not sure if it was the program or my computer. Is there another like it that works better?

- Collapse -
Worked fine here.

Look for any "screen recorder" to get the needed video for the next step.

- Collapse -
thank you

Thanks for the advice. I am ready to throw the whole puter out the window lol. Anyhoo I will try your suggestions and hopefully accomplish my project. take care

- Collapse -
powerpoint to dvd
- Collapse -
thanks!

I have tried this free download and while the program itself is amazing there is a great big stamp on every slide of my slideshow that says PPT2DVD. *sigh* I suppose I will have to purchase it. Any ideas on freeware in the meantime?

- Collapse -
powerpoint to dvd - e.m. powerpoint video converter

E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter is an all-in-one PowerPoint to video converter. It can convert PowerPoint presentations to almost all popular video formats such as AVI, MPEG, MPEG2 TS, MP4, WMV, 3GP, GIF, FLV, SWF, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264/PSP AVC Video, MOV, Youtube FLV with excellent quality. you could easily convert PowerPoint presentations to play on your iPod, PSP, Zune, 3GP mobile phone(Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola), Apple TV, iPhone etc. With E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter "converting + burning" one-step solution, you could easily convert and burn PowerPoint presentations to VCD, SVCD, DVD.
http://www.effectmatrix.com/PowerPoint-Video-Converter/index.htm

CNET Forums