PC Applications forum

General discussion

Power Point

by SusiePEI / April 22, 2004 5:15 PM PDT

I have received an 18 picture .pps file that I would like to make into a screen saver....Does anyone know how to do it??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Power Point
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Power Point
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Power Point
by glb613 / April 23, 2004 6:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Power Point

You can create your own screen saver using pictures on your hard drive through display found in the control panel. I'm not sure if you can use .pps files or not. Try and see what happens. If it doesn't work, try converting the photos to either a bitmap or JPEG format.

Collapse -
Re:Re: Power Point .pps to screen save pictures
by ChuckT / April 27, 2004 7:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Power Point

Here is how to do exactly that, and it works with .pps files too, I just did it to prove it to myself.

First get IrfanView.
(IrfanView is a GREAT! picture viewer/converter and also a very good screen capture tool.)

Then, after installing it, start it up.
Press the C key, to start up the Capture option.
Select what it is you want to capture and where and what format.
(I would set it for whole screen, to a temp folder, and JPG format, but you figure out what you want.)
Then click the Start button.
Note: by default the ctrl-F11 key will initiate a capture.

Then open your .pps file, and while you are viewing the pictures, just press ctrl-F11 to do a capture.

After you get all the JPG files you want, in that temp folder just use any of the many (even free) programs to create your own screensaver using your own picture files.
For example:
"JPEGsaver" at http://www.goat1000.com/jpegsaver.html
"AnyImage Screen Saver" at http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/desktop/anyimage/
"4View Screen Saver" at http://frebieware.rebarlow.com/

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?