General discussion

Power loss

I have a Toshiba satelite. I love it. However a couple of months or so ago I had a power problem. I discovered the male end of the power supply on the back of the computer had broken loose. I took it into Comp USA where I bought it and they wouldn't repair it!! Without charging me for it. I hadn't had it a year yet plus I purchased an extended warranty!! Anyway I got it repaired locally. I then started expieriencing power loss. The battery would drain even though it was plugged in. I tried removing the battery and it won't operate at all. So I took it back into Comp and they sent it off to be repaired. After a week they sent it back and I took it home. It lasted a day!!!! Then went back to doing the same thing. I turn on the computer and the battery is at full charge but with in a half hour. I am down to nothing. Now it has begun to give problems trying to re-charge the battery. There was a listing stateing that the XP patch might solve it but to no avail. Sorry this is so long any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. (when i sent it back to comp they replaced or fixed the motherboard.)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Power loss
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Power loss
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums