The odds it's the power jack increased by you asking. Is there something about the power jack that doesn't feel right?
There's only a few parts to charging the battery (charger, motherboard and battery) and for the more technically inclined they can change the jack and hope.
I was about to go to bed and I found my laptop was dead. I saw that the laptop did not have a green light for charging.
The brick had a green light on it. I was able to have it run off the battery for a little bit, it was at 2% then died.
Now it is dead dead.
I unplugged it from the wall, took out the battery, pressed the power button for a good minute, then plugged it back into the wall and nothing.
Is the motherboard fried? or is it just the power port?
I did plug the brick into another pc and it booted up fine.