General discussion

Posts will not update

A small problem, I noticed when I view My latest forum posts, the profile page, I can only see those from few years back. None of my recent posts will show or update. E-mail notifications don't show up until far later when a reply is made either, sometimes hours. Any of this normal? No big issue of course but had to ask.

Thank you

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Posts will not update
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Posts will not update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just to add

Or vent.

Why send the user an e-mail notification that a thread has been updated when it's the user that has updated the thread?

I'm quite aware that I added a post to a thread......unless I've got too deep into the beer supply.....but anyway just thought I'd crab.

I pay serious bucks to use these forums.....I want my monies worth.... Happy

- Collapse -
Known issues...

The forum overhaul introduced a few issues that have yet to be resolved. The first is that the profiles are no longer reflecting members' latest posts. This was expected as they needed to be updated to accommodate the new forums, but an unexpected problem has prevented the profiles from being updated yet. We're hoping that's fixed soon.

The second is the result of tracked threads now running through a different system based on RSS feeds. This causes notifications to be sent for one's own posts as well as all links in the notification to point to the thread rather than the actual reply. The engineers are hoping to fix this as well, but that'll be further down the road, presumably as part of Phase II of the forums overhaul.

And for the record, I'm still awaiting my "I'm a volunteer CNET forum moderator and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirt. Happy

John

- Collapse -
Gotcha

Thanks for the explanation John. I have been away for some time and it just had me wondering.

****And for the record, I'm still awaiting my "I'm a volunteer CNET forum moderator and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirt. happy****

It was sent to you via e-mail but there were complications and they are still trying to pry it out of the Cnet server Wink

- Collapse -
Thanks

T-shirts.......The good ones are scheduled for phase 3 of the overhaul.

At the end of phase 3 we will be back to where we started from.....forums that work. Happy

- Collapse -
Vented

***Why send the user an e-mail notification that a thread has been updated when it's the user that has updated the thread?***

I wondered the same.

****I'm quite aware that I added a post to a thread......unless I've got too deep into the beer supply****

LOL. Depending how deep into the beer supply, exists a possibility of replying to oneself. Wouldn't that be a blast? Happy

Thanks..

CNET Forums

Forum Info