Speakeasy forum

General discussion

post removed

Can someone ie a moderator please tell me why a post of mine was removed and why i was not informed , i would of thought common courtesy would be to inform me or are they just taken down because someone doesn't like them???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: post removed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: post removed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
????

In reply to: post removed

guess not ?

Collapse -
Nope

In reply to: ????

The policy is that posts are removed without notice, reason, explanation or justification.

Whatever you did, don't do it again.

Dan

Collapse -
thx

In reply to: Nope

Thankyou Dan would be nice to know what i did tho , so i dont repeat it , as i dont know i could once again do the same thing , surely someone should say why , so at least the error if it was one is not repeated or is this just a way to say ones presence is not wanted ?

Collapse -
When I read your post....

In reply to: thx

... I wondered if it was spam or a redirection away from a product by a competitor. A mod could have thought the same thing and removed it per TOS.

Your post didn't bother me, but maybe someone else complained?

cheers

grim

Collapse -
thankyou 2

In reply to: When I read your post....

Thx grim ,i dont think it could of been mistaken for spam as i have posted several things on different topics but i can see your reasoning and once again thankyou for your feed back , the fact still remains that the software is a pile of junk and if it was touted as anti-spyware and bogus it would have been left alone as i do keep in touch with Eric Howes at spyware warrior and all my postings about bogus/rogue anti-spyware have never been touched , ironically if you type in " reg cure bogus " on yahoo , CNET have put my comments about it and other applications onto the net , last time someone looked it was ranked 7th on yahoo so someones taking notice , guess the bad guys dont like me lol , thx again much appreciated , i did enquire of two moderators and even the top brass so to speak but of yet no reply , odd lol .

Collapse -
PS

In reply to: thankyou 2

It was posted mainly to show the lengths these vendors of junk software will go to , just to justify there software ,i thought it was a good pratical example of how the general public get fobbed off when they take these crooks on , the fact that i never even mentioned spyware made me suspicious straight away , i just told them no thx its crap , then again the powers that be lol , but it would be nice to know why it was removed as it was not only imformative but just got funnier and funnier , well obviously as i have found about to my cost before they probably advertise on cnet lol.

Collapse -
You'd think.

In reply to: thx

This is not the first time this has come up.

Dan

Collapse -
once again thx

In reply to: You'd think.

It would appear that this is not a new subject just a taboo one lol,like i said in previous posts CNET post my opinions on other programs on the net , yet this was nothing more than several emails between me and some moron at the company , who obviously didn't know his **** from his elbow or hers even , i think that who ever removed should come clean and say why , after all the whole purpose of most forums is to inform and help others and not the crooks who try to sell dodgy software using scare tactics , otherwise they might just as well shut it all down and not bother , once again thankyou Dan.

Collapse -
Send an email...

In reply to: post removed

...... by clicking the address below, and the rationale behind the decision will be sent to you.

Thank you,

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
sent

In reply to: Send an email...

Sent email Angeline .

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.