Laptops forum

General discussion

Possible RAM battery problem

by velcrofog / July 15, 2005 7:02 AM PDT

Hi there. I have a Gateway 600YGR laptop, formerly XP Pro, now nothing. While trying to do a fresh install to address a freezing-up problem, I discovered that it consistently froze up during the install. Researched that, found a common 600YGR problem was overheating due to heat sink posts coming loose. Okay, so I fixed that, I think. I put it back together and it now it won't start at all. Power makes the hard drive light come on momentarily, then it's nothing but fan noise. Not a flicker on the screen.

It behaved like this before. One day, about a year ago, it just stopped working in the same way it's not working now. On a whim, months later, I tried to turn it on, and it worked. However, it would only then work when plugged in. The battery won't take a charge at all. None. Not a half-second's worth to cover a jiggled power cord.

But first things first: I'd like to get it to run, period. Other sites suggest that the problem may be the CMOS battery. I have a good other candidate: after I put it back together, I found a loose piece on the outside that looks kinda like two watch batteries wrapped in a tight sack, with a little wire coming off of it. I'm trying not to be profane here.

Assuming this loose piece came from my laptop and not my bag o' tools and parts, might it be a RAM battery? I've only recently heard of them. If so, could anyone give me a hint as to where on the motherboard I should look for a connection?

If the RAM battery solution seems off-base to you, please offer any suggestions you have.

Thanks very much.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Possible RAM battery problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Possible RAM battery problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
More detail on RAM Battery
by velcrofog / July 17, 2005 11:56 PM PDT

For the record, I'm not referring to the CMOS battery--I know where that is, and don't think it's the problem (although I'd be happy to be corrected). I'm referring to a type of battery that, from what I can figure out from scattered articles on the web, is there in addition to CMOS in order to keep RAM memory intact during "sleep" or "suspend" modes.

I'd really like to hear from someone on this. I need my laptop and have no money. Thanks.

Collapse -
No such thing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 18, 2005 12:04 AM PDT

Not in any laptop I've encounter. The RAM or rather DRAM, DDRAM, SDRAM and such only maintain content with far more power than any CMOS battery size battery would deliver. So that's not it.

Sorry to read your tale of woe, but it's looks like a new machine or a repair shop is in your future.

Bob

Collapse -
Thanks.
by velcrofog / July 22, 2005 10:46 PM PDT
In reply to: No such thing.

Thanks. It has been hard to get a definitive answer to that question anywhere. I appreciate it.

-Joel

Collapse -
power/heat/wont boot rebooting
by steve b / July 25, 2005 1:51 PM PDT

Hello,

I have been everywere you have been. I have 2 600ygr's. the first one I got new. I have replaced the MB 3 times. Ok, I would suggest that you test the memory chip, swap it out for a new one. On the first unit after the 2nd MB failed I tried a new HD first, then a CPU, then I replaced the MB. Each time it did the same thing rebooted, hung, eveything, finaly after frustration I decided to swap out the Memory chip. Turns out after so much overheating (my son would let the unit fall in his pile of cloths) that the chip was bad. After changing it out it has been running for almost 6 months without a problem. Try that if you can I hope this works for you.
Also on my 2nd unit (got it on ebay)I had the same problem after 2 hours the unit would hang then only say up a few minutes then hand etc... On thursday I just did the heat sink (thang god someone posted this I almost ordered another MB) and when I put a bad chip in I also got the HD light and nothing. Then tried a diffrent 256 chip and it failed to load the os compleetly. I pulled out a brand new 512 chip and it has been up for the last 4 days without any hang. shutdown or anything. I hope this helps.

Collapse -
i had the same problem
by Viper929 / August 7, 2005 5:49 PM PDT

I called gateway and they said that i was a defect on the frunt bezel so you can have them send a new part (for no cost)

Collapse -
RAM Slots
by ikenfixit / August 7, 2005 10:55 PM PDT

Bad solder joints can cause the Mods to fail after time. If you continue to kill memory these need to be reworked.Sony was the most noted for this issue but I have seen it on everything from, Acers to Xteranotes.. Just an informative non Biased post..

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?