General discussion

Ports Blocked Wiindows XP

Ports are being blocked from accessing the internet. AVG does not detect any viruses. I have disabled both the AVG and windows firewall. Is this caused by an undetected virus?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Ports Blocked Wiindows XP
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Ports Blocked Wiindows XP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Light on details.

But this complaint is most often heard from a new torrent user. No ports are blocked most of the time. Just another new torrent user.

Sorry if this does not apply but how did you post here if the internet doesn't work?
Bob

- Collapse -

This is for my sistre in law's computer that i am trying to help her with. She does not want to reinstall Windows, so I am trying to go through all the options. There were no torrents being used on this computer.

- Collapse -
More details are needed but

CNET Forums

Forum Info