Quite a few people nowadays use their smartphone to listen to music. Did you check that none of the player apps that are available for your Android or iOS phone supports more than 1, 6 and 7? A smartphone certainly is portable.
I'm trying to find a good music player ("MP3 player") that fills the bill in these points:
1. Good sound (they almost all are) - inc. Equalizer if possible.
2. Intuitive UI - specifically one where the displayed info is taken from the metadata, not showing the filename as the track title, for example.
3. Flawless Bluetooth - no little clipped track beginnings, beeps or suchlike.
4. Good battery life (not a deal-breaker, but at least a couple of hours even with BT working).
5. Gapless play supported - even with Bluetooth.
6. Support for lossless files - FLAC etc.
7. Slot for micro SD card up to 128GB
Other things like proper album art display are a bonus but not essential. For instance, I don't need a built-in radio, voice recording, alarm and so on.
I know the above things are a bit of a big ask, but since the AGPTEK player I have at the moment fails in all but Nos. 1, 6 & 7, I'm searching for something better. Oh - and a budget under £200 would suit, though I'd consider more expensive players if they're really worth it. I'm not against Apple devices except that they can't fill No. 7
I'd welcome suggestions from personal experience. I'd be over the moon if someone can point me in the direction of a player that fills the bill!