But at the top are laptop finders and your University should have such a list if you can't find one with the tools here.
I'm a current University student and on the lookout for a new laptop. I currently own a Macbook Pro which does everything I need with the exception of two main drawbacks;
1. It isn't portable
2. The university don't typically provide software for IOS
My intention is to keep the Macbook Pro as I'm very happy with it (fan-boy) and from a personal point of view (I do a lot of sound/image editing in my spare time) it's perfect. However I need a dependable budget equivalent on a less exclusive OS that will make university life a little easier. My intention is to work from home on the Mac, and then any custom software, along with working on the move can be done on the new laptop.
My exact req's are;
- About the £300 mark budget
- Windows OS (or possibly Linux but would have to check)
- Good battery life (ideally 4-5 hours without breaking a sweat)
- Primary use will be simple word processing, in addition to some hefty data analytics and statistics packages
- Software I'd ideally have installed would be Office (including Visio/Project/SQL), SPSS(R), E-Prime.
There will be a degree of multitasking, but nothing external to the software mentioned. As it's primarily for portable use the bulk of data would be cloud stored.