Better try our browsers forum:
And be sure to tell much more, such as:
- what browser(s) are you using
- do the popups happen in all
- what popup blockers did you install
- what are "local websites"
- what kind of popups do you get
The first tips, probably, will be something like:
- try the "Internet Explorer without add-ons" mode
- scan for malware using MBAM (Malwarebytes' Anti Malware) and SAS (SuperAntiSpyware)
So why not do those and post the result in your new post in the browsers forum?
I have installed several popup blockers and I still cannot prevent popups. My local web sites are the worse. Can I really stop all the popups?