HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

pop up window

by sunagor / July 22, 2005 2:45 AM PDT

Hello everyone

Can anyone help me correct an error.

After I have checked messages in hotmail (I have a separate OE acc.)and leave the program I get a window come up on the screen saying..........

The instruction of ''Ox100097a0'' referenced memory at ''Ox100097a0''.The memory cannot be read.
Click O/K to terminate program.

I click and all is well again.....but I would like to get rid of the pop up.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.............Sunagor

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pop up window
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pop up window
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not a pop-up...
by John.Wilkinson / July 22, 2005 2:57 AM PDT
In reply to: pop up window

It sounds like an error occured in the program you were using (or another running in the background), and your operating system notified you of such. Thus, it wasn't a pop-up in the sense of an advertisement. If this has only happened once, I'd just ignore the glitch. However, it it happens repeatedly, please provide more information (including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem), as requested in the red text when you submitted your post.

Also, when you say you'd like to get rid of the pop-up, do you mean the box remained after you clicked "OK?" If so, please be a little more specific. However, if you mean prevent it from happening again, it's almost impossible, as the error message didn't mention a specific program/file, and supplemental information from yourself hasn't been provided.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Thank you for your rteply
by sunagor / July 22, 2005 3:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Not a pop-up...

Hi John

Thank you for your help

The window appears after I close down programs I'm working with.

The title bar has a blue back ground and is titled

iexplore.exe-Applicants Error.

Then goes on to say as prevoius post.

It happens on most occasions and it all disappears when I click O/K.I want to stop it keep happening, if poss..

I have windows XP home

Thanks .Brian

Collapse -
Repair Internet Explorer...
by John.Wilkinson / July 23, 2005 11:57 AM PDT

It sounds like Microsoft Internet Explorer has somehow become corrupt, and since Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer (utility used to navigate the files on your computer) are linked at the head, hip, and feet, you are receiving the error message even you're not using IE. I've had the same thing happen, but ended up repairing Windows due to other problems occuring as well. However, you might want to try repairing/reinstalling Internet Explorer by following these directions from Microsoft. Afterwards, run a Windows Update scan to verify you are running the latest version.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Thank you
by sunagor / July 30, 2005 8:30 PM PDT

Sorry in the delay in replying.........been away for a bit......many thanks to you both

Brian

Collapse -
Utilty for System Info
by batonrougeenglish / July 23, 2005 12:16 PM PDT
In reply to: pop up window

You may want to install BELARC www.belarc.com or
Everest at http://www.lavalys.com/

They help you too explain the make and model of all of your PC System Info.

It is good to use Windows Update on a regular basis and also connect to your PC vendor's website and update your firmware, etc.

Sir Gary in New Orleans
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.