Question

pop up box

i keep getting a pop up box; a program wants your permission to open-adobe flash is the program and the box opens at least 4 times in a row, stops and starts the pattern again. i have clicked on do not allow, allow and do not show this msg again ad nothing works. it's so bad i can't open mail without right clicking . answers/suggestions? virus?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: pop up box
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: pop up box
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
I have to guess this happens when you open the email app.

It seems odd for an email program or app to require flash. Can you tell more about this email software?

Why not remove/uninstall Flash for a while?
Bob

- Collapse -
pop up box

this is a security box, on my comp, i have to give permission for programs to open. this isn't for mail. this box opens all the time; in my home page, mail programs, downloads ect. i can't do anything till i close out that box.

- Collapse -
Same question.

Why not dump flash while you work on this?

-> My question is "Why do you have to give permission for programs to open?"

Did you install some onerous security software and set it to maximum security? As it stands it sounds like you did. Or you took that BAD OLD OUTDATED ADVICE (man, I'm going to get static for this one!) where they wrote to not use an admin account.
Bob

- Collapse -
Can you tell us ...

WHAT APPLICATION is causing this "security box" to appear? Something in that "security box" or in its title bar should provide hints about the application that initiates it.

By any chance are you using AVAST with its Auto Sandboxing or Sandboxie? You can set up exclusings or in Avast you can simply shut it off.

- Collapse -
Answer
Tried Fixing It Like This?

The permissions issue almost surely a setting in the Flash Player.. Try opening the Control Panel, then double click on the "Flash" icon. When that opens, on the "Storage" tab, place a dot/tick next to the line which says: "Block all sites from storing information on this computer", then close the Flash window.

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums