The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Poor Veronica...

by Lapapok / April 13, 2006 4:23 AM PDT

I feel soooo sorry for all the (probably) unwanted attention Veronica gets!! I know, as I woman, that if I was her I would NOT feel safe knowing I had so many admirers...ON THE INTERNET. I would be freaked out. I just really hope she doesn't get a stalker, cuz thats the way it's going!

"Ooooh! Veronica! Ooooh! Ooooh! Oooh!" - Euughhh! Creepy!

Nikki F

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Poor Veronica...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Poor Veronica...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Didn't we already deal with this topic someplace else?
by ajurina / April 13, 2006 4:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Poor Veronica...
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) *Beats dead horse with another dead horse*
by Jasmes / April 13, 2006 4:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
Sorry
by xfile102 / April 13, 2006 5:09 AM PDT

Sorry you feel that way. And sorry for any unwanted attention on Veronica's part. I find it funny, that in this day and age, when there is such an unhealthy public obsession with image alone, that a woman would get offended at people complimenting another woman who is not only beautiful, but intelligent, funny, outgoing, adventurous, knowledgeable in her field and DAMN good at her job, not to mention well respected by her co-workers. So if that a problem, society could revert back to the mindless, drool infested caveman infatuation and pestering that seems to happen nightly at clubs, where guys seem more apt to talk to your ***** than engage YOU in a meaningful conversation. I say go Veronica, whether you were beautiful or not. But she does happen to defy so MANY geek stereotypes, proving that you don't have to be a homely loser type to be intelligent and understand technospeak. Keep being the exception to the Status Quo.

Collapse -
(NT) Nobody's every spoken to MY ***** in a nightclub...
by ajurina / April 13, 2006 5:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry

...I guess that's good since I'm a guy whose rather boobless.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I Guess You Don't Own A Bro Or A Manzier
by adkinsjm / April 13, 2006 6:16 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) creepy conversation alert!!!
by wizardjs / April 13, 2006 6:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
When looks alone...
by bozeman / April 13, 2006 5:36 AM PDT

It happens and this thread keeps popping up. Good looking geek girls/ladies are still a rarity. With being in the public light, it happens even more so. Time to kill the thread and get outside, ha! Women are out there too, not just on the net guys.

There are lots of ladies out there in podcasting and being attractive and geeky can only add to the audience. When podcasters are trying to secure a listenership I think they will go for what sells. Get used to it, more and more ladies are popping up.

Amber MacArthur (yay Canada)
Luria Petrucci (Cali Lewis)
Dani Deahl
and more

Just add Molly and Veronica to the list, enjoy the show and get outside. Now if I can get my girlfriend to do a podcast I'd put her #1.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.