General discussion

Poor paper wanting to restore

I believe this is related at least the right people for the question: I have an old picture under glass in a frame. Several years ago, I opened it and touched the paper picture and it just dissolved or crumbled to invisible pieces. MY question: Is there a way/method to restore or firm up this old picture. I can at least get to it from the back but it looks or seems like I need to first spray something on to it to firm it up but I really have no idea; would appreciate your help as I would like to keep this picture.

The picture might only be ..... I'm not sure, it's got some years on it. Its a religious type of picture so, I don't know if it origianlly came out of magazine or if it was first painted then photographed or what.

It's about 8 x 10 I think it had some color to it but maybe just black and white. I have it packed away right now. Thank you for your time, I very much appreciate it.

Discussion is locked
Reply to: Poor paper wanting to restore
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Poor paper wanting to restore
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

CNET Forums