Cameras forum

poor fotos from casio

by Martinizhr / July 26, 2014 8:48 AM PDT

I've bought used casio ex zr-200. That is my first high definition digital camera and when I was researching it before buying everyone recommended it.. But I'm not satisfied with pictures quality. I could compare them with photos from my phone, witch has 2.0 MP camera (nokia 5230). I mean photos are better but I expected much more from something that has 16MP.
Can you please help me? Maybe it's my fault..

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: poor fotos from casio
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: poor fotos from casio
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
I'd try a new one but a review wrote.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 26, 2014 9:45 AM PDT
In reply to: poor fotos from casio

" the quality certainly degrades with increasing focal length. The picture quality will be disappointing compared to a DSLR." and IMO today's cell phones may do better than this.

Megapixels are not an indication of picture quality.

Collapse -
Casio ZR200
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / July 28, 2014 12:22 AM PDT
In reply to: poor fotos from casio

Since we can not see a sample photo I think we need to check some basic things.

Make sure that you have the Digital Zoom turned OFF.
Digital zoom can degrade the pictures.

16 MP is not a good thing if you are shooting in low light.
Make sure you are using flash when indoors.

Lens cleanliness.
Make sure the front (glass) of the lens is clean.
If you find smudges, wipe (do not scrub) with a soft lint free cotton cloth.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?