Samsung forum

Rant

Poor and confusing customer service

by Ajax9682 / May 21, 2013 8:46 AM PDT

We bought a Samsung UN40EH6030 40-Inch TV from Amazon in 11/12. We loved the quality of the picture & features. In late April 2013, a grey smudge 1/2 the size of a dime appeared in the center of the screen. I submitted an online repair request with Samsung on 5/2. After nineteen days, six e-mails, several phone calls, two repair services, three conversations with 'Executive Customer Relations', two different 'ticket' numbers and one review by the mysterious 'Panel Review Board', I've been advised that they will not repair our TV, and that there is no recourse.

Why? They're claiming physical damage, even thought there's not a mark on it. Someone poked it with a finger, they say. My wife is 60; I'm 62. There have been no other people in our home since 2/2013 other than the Samsung tech. And we're not prone to poking our fingers into TV screens. An interned search of this problem indicates a blown led/lcd, but Samsung won't discuss it. We're stuck, and that's it.

Btw, no one at Samsung knows what is going on. The evening of the day the tech was here, I received a call from Samsung asking if I was happy with the repair. He had no idea that it was still in limbo. The day the repair service called and told me that my repair was denied (5/17), I called Samsung and was told that my complaint would be sent to the 'Panel Review Board' and that I would be contacted by Samsung within 24 hours with a decision. So I waited. On 5/18, I received two e-mails. One was a survey asking if I was satisfied with my repair & service. The other, sent later, told me that a new ticket had been opened and that a repairman would be contacting me. On 5/21, Samsung 'Customer Support' called and asked if the 'Executive Customer Relations' people had called back. I said no, I was still waiting. She advised me to call them, stating 'They won't call you'. So I did, and was told of our fate by a nice lady who had no inkling what was going on. And she told me that I could not talk with the 'Panel Review Board' to discuss the discrepancies in the repair report because they could not contact them! She also refused to forward me to a supervisor.

Bottom line: Samsung will sell you a defective product and refuse to repair it. They'll snow you with e-mails, meaningless conversations, and hope that you'll become so frustrated that you'll give up. In our case, the message is clear;:'It's not a big problem. Better learn to live with it, because we're not going to fix it'.

Learn from this, people. Don't buy Samsung.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Poor and confusing customer service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Poor and confusing customer service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Screen Backlight Non-Uniformity
by stef24x7 / May 22, 2013 9:53 PM PDT

I am returning a UN40EH5300 to Amazon, because on unboxing and powerup, I knoticed there were two spots in the middle of the screen that looked like "poking our fingers" could have been the culprit, but as an engineer, it looks like non-uniformity in LED backlight or screen layer build / manufacture.

Because I noticed this right away, Amazon is making it extremely easy for me to return the unit. Hopefully the second unit I receive will be OK with respect to the screen.

Now if only the SMART Apps worked with the keyboard in a uniform manner. Ouch! The YouTube App needs a complete re-write.

Collapse -
Receivd A Call From The Presidents Office Today
by Ajax9682 / May 24, 2013 8:38 AM PDT

Today, 5/24/13, I received a very pleasant phone call and an email from a representative of the President of Samsung. They're going to replace the screen on our TV. She also apologized for the treatment we received. As I said, we loved the TV, but did not appreciate the problem we had with Customer Service.

Collapse -
Samsung customer service call us liars
by Kirsty1oli / August 6, 2013 8:22 PM PDT

Never have we been so insulted!
Our Samsung tab 2 developed the common charging fault, it's 7 months old. Samsung sent us a Jiffy bag and bubble wrap and told us to only send the tablet, not in the box. More fool us!
Surprise surprise, it arrived with a crack in the back. Our phone call from them had them accusing us of trying to take off the back and repair it ourselves. This was then added to by them saying the back was cracked. No answer when we stated that we had followed their advice and used the packaging they supplied. Samsung said the packaging wasn't damaged - you can't dent a Jiffy bag!
4 phone calls later with every person claiming we were lying and had tried to open the back of the tablet and our advice was this - wait for it cos it's a peach!

CLAIM OFF YOUR HOME INSURANCE!

No Samsung, we won't lie and claim damage happened in our own home and our house insurance doesn't cover damage in the post, you corporate idiots!

We are now awaiting a phone call from a manager that is likely to never happen.

There is a reason why apple is the most popular brand and their customer service is probably much superior to the lying and insulting way that Samsung customer service do their jobs.
One very unsatisfied customer who will never buy Samsung again and will tell anyone to avoid their products in future!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.