Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Poll: Racial misgivings of whites (Democrats) an Obama issue

by critic411 / September 21, 2008 8:24 AM PDT

Deep-seated racial misgivings could cost Barack Obama the White House if the election is close, according to an AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks?many calling them "lazy," "violent" or responsible for their own troubles.

Only NOW, racism is an internal issue for the Democrats?????????

There seems to be an unfortunate trend in the media right now of "If you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist."
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Poll: Racial misgivings of whites (Democrats) an Obama issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Poll: Racial misgivings of whites (Democrats) an Obama issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Out of sight------Out of mind
by Steven Haninger / September 21, 2008 9:55 AM PDT

The media needs to drop the subjects of race, age and gender. Such just keeps these types of discrimination alive. Of course the news media has no desire for harmony anywhere in the world. It's bad for (their) business.

Collapse -
An indicator of racial misgivings?
by JP Bill / September 21, 2008 10:53 AM PDT

I saw more coloured people at DNC

Way more!

Than coloured people at RNC

Few and far between

You will not bite. You will not bite.

Collapse -
You did???
by Steven Haninger / September 21, 2008 10:56 AM PDT

How did you get tickets?? Wink

Collapse -
I'm a member
by JP Bill / September 21, 2008 10:58 AM PDT
In reply to: You did???

of the thousand channel universe Wink

Collapse -
It may be a factor...
by J. Vega / September 21, 2008 12:01 PM PDT

It may be a factor to some people, but it's not a situation of suddenly "now". A look at history is sometimes in order with such a complex situation. Look at the 1924 Democratic Convention, which became to be nicknamed the "Klanbake".

Collapse -
(NT) Sad but true.
by Dan McC / September 21, 2008 12:55 PM PDT
Collapse -
They're setting up the Blame Game.
by James Denison / September 21, 2008 1:06 PM PDT

If "guilt complex" isn't enough BEFORE the election, then the Blame Game begins AFTER the election, if Obama doesn't win. Messiah rejected?

Collapse -
(NT) blame the Clintons is their plan B
by WOODS-HICK / September 22, 2008 12:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
that would be weak
by James Denison / September 22, 2008 1:39 AM PDT

It would be saying Obama didn't have enough on his own to win. That's what picking Joe Biden has said even to some of his supporters. I guess the only good thing to come of it is Ted Kennedy can later say, just before he dies, "I was out of my mind at the time", and probably get away with it. We aren't going to win no matter who is elected president, the economic events have already moved beyond them. Up until last week the whole election cycle was based on entirely different concept of economic reality, which proved for those who didn't already suspect it, a nightmare. Really, the whole election cycle begins anew this week.

Collapse -
by critic411 / September 22, 2008 1:52 AM PDT
In reply to: that would be weak

Blame after the election isn?t what this is about. They are tryin to uilt voters into votin for Obama

Collapse -
by James Denison / September 22, 2008 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: No,

...democrats just move from guilt pushing to blame pushing as the timing dictates.

Collapse -
Oh No
by oldie and goody / September 22, 2008 2:23 AM PDT
In reply to: No,

did you lose a 'G'? Oh I know you sent it to Alaska:)

Collapse -
(NT) Chuckle !!
by critic411 / September 22, 2008 3:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Oh No
Collapse -
I do not disagree
by WOODS-HICK / September 23, 2008 12:29 PM PDT
In reply to: that would be weak

the reason I will not vote for obama is I believe his skin is as thin as his resume. he can not handle criticism. that is his 'achilles heel'.

the clintons are even an easier target now. we knew 100% of the republicans disliked (mild description) them but learned that is true of at least 50% of the dems. MSM and DNC allowed the race card to be played by the obama camp. one of the worst examples was linking the RFK assassination to a 'desire' in the heart of clinton that she wished or suggested harm to obama. that was a new low for any party or the MSM. (karma catching up to the clintons?)

there are more examples evident to anyone who followed the primaries closely

we will see after the elections how wrong I may be. I will be glad if I am but not if obama wins.

I will accept that result without prejudice and give him the benefit of the doubt. he is intelligent and should be effective to those who want what he promises.

if the congress is willing

Collapse -
The Democrat Party needs a split, desperately.
by James Denison / September 23, 2008 11:17 PM PDT
In reply to: I do not disagree

That way maybe the radicals and haters can go one way and some form of restoration of what remains in the other half can occur.

Collapse -
Suggested harm...
by J. Vega / September 24, 2008 2:55 AM PDT
In reply to: I do not disagree

Good thing Hillary didn't get photographed playing with oranges (grin).
That was a joke, based on the movie the Godfather. Ever notice what tended to happen when you saw oranges? A little inside historical joke, based on old organized crime wars that were nicknamed the War of the Oranges.

Collapse -
I wonder if this is
by Angeline Booher / September 22, 2008 6:40 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?