Question

Point of View tab P1046 recovery mode

Hello everyone!
I have Point of view P1046 tablet. It doesnt want to boot. Just stay on android welcome screen for a while then shows black screen. How can I boot into recovery mode? There is no volume buttons, only power, esc and pinholle for reset. Adb recovery via pc doesnt work, adb devices list is empty.
Help me please, I am desperate. Sorry for my bad english.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Point of View tab P1046 recovery mode
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Point of View tab P1046 recovery mode
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: recovery

Assuming you have the user manual (either hard copy or downloaded), what does it say about recovery and especially about what the pin hole for reset does? Could it be that it resets the tablet to factory mode?

If no luck with reset, consider the option that it's just defective. Repair outside warranty might be more expensive than buying another tablet, but that's for the shop or their customer service or the repair tech to tell you.

No need to be desperate if there's nothing on it that you want to keep or if you were prepared for failure by having a good backup.
Then all you lost is a device that was too cheap and inferior to start with. I see it offered for 90 euro, so it can't have been more than 80 dollar in the USA.

Post was last edited on October 27, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

- Collapse -
No manual

Thanks for advice, but there there is no manual. Seller gave me only brochure.

- Collapse -
Answer
As noted, see if the factory reset is documented.

If it fails, it's likely a dead device. Before I toss them I usually make sure the reset was done without a SD card installed and if it has it, the SIM removed.

After that I might check on XDA forums to see if there is a upgrade file for it and check out if there is a Lineage OS issued for it (unlikely.) If it fails to run a new OS, it's a confirmed dead device.

- Collapse -
Point of view p1046

Thanks for answer. I have flashed new firmware but it didnt resolve the problem. I have downloaded user manual but there is no explanation how to boot in recovery mode and reset.

- Collapse -
That's good as dead.

Try XDA Forums to see if any alternate ROM is available as well as the Lineage OS.

Are you also reporting the maker has no support and service? This is often the case for under 200 USD things now.

- Collapse -
Service

I have tried in XDA, there is no available ROM. I will contact official servicer. The tab is still in warranty period. Thanks.

- Collapse -
Game over? Wait? In warranty.

This means all the above was not required. Use the warranty.

CNET Forums

Forum Info