General discussion

poetic justice

Jun 9, 2006 10:53PM PDT

the last thing Abu Musab al Zarqawi, saw was an american face.
must be burning up in hell Happy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: poetic justice
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: poetic justice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The down fall to this...
Jun 10, 2006 12:46AM PDT

is we were not able to get any onfo.

Tom

- Collapse -
oh i think
Jun 10, 2006 12:48AM PDT

they got lot from site heard logs of places of safe houses he was in

- Collapse -
Zarqawi Hideout Yields Many Clues, Data
Jun 10, 2006 1:11AM PDT

A U.S. military search of the destroyed safehouse where Abu Musab al- Zarqawi was killed yielded documents and information storage devices that are being assessed for potential use against his terror network, a military officer said Friday.

The officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity because results from the safehouse search have not been announced, said an M-16 rifle and an unspecified number of grenades and AK-47 rifles also were found. The M-16 was fitted with special optics, the official said.

Also found were "media and documents," the officer said, adding that the term "media" as used in this context normally refers to information storage devices such as computer hard drives, digital cameras or other devices. The officer was unable to be specific in this case.

The material was being assessed for possible use, the officer added.

The military and U.S. intelligence agencies have specialized computer "forensic" software that can identify and recover digital information seized on the battlefield. A senior official with a leading producer of such software said Friday it is almost certain that any recovered computer disks, even if damaged in the bombing, will yield valuable information, given Zarqawi's reliance on computers and e-mail to communicate.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/09/D8I50BV80.html

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Understood,but he certainly could have added info
Jun 10, 2006 1:31AM PDT
- Collapse -
I would hope...
Jun 10, 2006 4:41AM PDT

I would hope that someone thought of running a ballistics check on that M-16 and doing some comparisons.

- Collapse -
Wouldn't it be a surprise
Jun 11, 2006 8:17PM PDT

to learn that a ballistic check on that M-16 proved to be the weapon that killed civilians that our military is accused of killing?

As for more information from Zarqawi if he had lived....I doubt it seriously. This was a man who lived to be a martyr and he would go down the same way if he were jailed. He was much more fanatical about his 'cause' than any of Saddam's 'leaders' that were caught. He would have bragged about his leadership and accomplishments without giving any information about future planned deeds/plots.

I think the worst thing we could do for his 'cause' would be to paint him in the worst possible light as a total incompetent with regard to actual abilities to fight.....claim that the house he was in blew up because HE fumbled the ball and blew it up himself. Or that he had screwed up and allowed the location to be broadcast to his own enemies (us)....then quietly turn over the reward to the person(s) who actually tipped us off. A dead martyr who becomes a laughing-stock is pretty potent stuff......

TONI

- Collapse -
Yes, and
Jun 11, 2006 11:33PM PDT
- Collapse -
well your point is what?
Jun 11, 2006 11:35PM PDT

i posted b4 they did so what?

- Collapse -
Just filling his need ...
Jun 11, 2006 11:45PM PDT

... to get in a "dog of the day".

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Ah, your 1st Bitxx comment of the day.....;-)
Jun 11, 2006 11:49PM PDT
- Collapse -
Agreeing, and giving
Jun 11, 2006 11:46PM PDT

a little credit to Duckman who said it 1st.

- Collapse -
are you giveing out gold stars allso:)
Jun 12, 2006 12:01AM PDT

i mean who cares who posted it 1st?

- Collapse -
?? You are the one who said you were 1st.
Jun 12, 2006 12:09AM PDT

My reply was to your comment.

- Collapse -
and its important to
Jun 12, 2006 2:03AM PDT

say whos 1st
back in elementery school we all raised hands to see who was 1stSad
gosh unreal

- Collapse -
Was
Jun 12, 2006 2:15AM PDT

agreeing and also giving credit to Duckman.

You are the one that said (not me):

"i posted b4 they did so what?"

That statement was incorrect so I made comment.

- Collapse -
And you are the one
Jun 12, 2006 2:29AM PDT

keeping this at the Elementary School level that causes me to respond.

- Collapse -
well you are the hall monitor
Jun 12, 2006 2:30AM PDT

so give duckman 2 gold starsHappy

and were you picked in in school ?

- Collapse -
Never was a
Jun 12, 2006 2:37AM PDT

Hall Monitor as we didn't need them at all when I was going to school.

- Collapse -
well john you
Jun 12, 2006 2:48AM PDT

sure act like your SE hall monitor you critize only some people and not others just like the hall monitors who turned a blind eye on there friends.

and i have a hall passHappy

- Collapse -
, .....to your level of comments.
Jun 12, 2006 2:32AM PDT

CNET Forums

Forum Info