The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Podcatcher on the iPhone

Hey Buzz crew,

I got my new iPhone and the Mobile Me service for wireless contact syncing. My question is does anyone know a way to sync podcasts over the air. I would hope for a non jail broken option but if that is my only option then so be it. I'm just a little skittish about the jail breaking process on my new toy I waited 6 hours in line for.

Thanks,
Zack

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Podcatcher on the iPhone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Podcatcher on the iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mobile Safari...

In reply to: Podcatcher on the iPhone

Can play mp3's and mov's directly off web sites. That's your best bet.
Podcast syncing, only works via itunes though...

Collapse -
The thing that's bothered me

In reply to: Mobile Safari...

is if you can download songs from iTunes, and then sync them back to your computer, why can't you download new podcast episodes and then sync them back?

Collapse -
because you don't *WANT TO*

In reply to: The thing that's bothered me

Happy
Collapse -
Oh, yes, I forgot

In reply to: because you don't *WANT TO*

Sorry Mr. Jobs, I fogot you know EXACTLY what I do or don't want to do... Happy

Collapse -
Yes

In reply to: The thing that's bothered me

Perhaps they didn't want to upset att with the data usage, iTunes stir is only via wifi for example.
Btw posted this from my iphone. Grin

Collapse -
PS

In reply to: Yes

What I'd really like to see is a streaming service. With 3G, it is possible to stream music, easily enough bandwith. The iPhone only has 16GB little compared to the iPod classic streaming would make up for that definately. Keep your music library in the cloud. A service like this might make mobileme actually worth it.

Collapse -
Streaming would be good

In reply to: PS

But as you said with the iPhone only doing the store over WiFi, why can't they implement it the same way for podcasts, make it WiFi only? I think it'd be great, I'd not have to sync my iPod/iPhone every day to get the latest BOL or Today In Tech History or whatever.

Collapse -
Lazy?

In reply to: Streaming would be good

Perhaps programmers want to avoid having to figure out having 2 podcast feeds on 2 different devices and need to sync them Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That sounds about right!

In reply to: Lazy?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.